• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bollax (possibly)

I just read that.

Going by a lot of his posts it seems as if this "Barry" has a contact at Boundary Park.

We'll just have to wait and see.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpereeee @ July 11 2005,22:20)]I just read that.

Going by a lot of his posts it seems as if this "Barry" has a contact at Boundary Park.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Barry is 'allegedly' the fans' rep on the Board of Oldham FC - he is high up in Trust Oldham, the latics' SUSCT.

Our Barry certainly seems to be "in the know".

It is no surprise to me that yet another striker has refused to join us. The fact that the deal has taken so long to sort out suggests to me that Beckett was never convinced that he would be making the right move by joining us.

This striker search is so frustrating. I have never known anything like it.

I just hope Tilly has a Plan B.

reading the rest of the mesages on the Oldahm rivals site it seems as though this "Barry" is in regular contact with Beckett's agent.

A note of caution:

I'll admit that Barry sounds plausible - but then he shouldn't know this kind of information so soon...

If Beckett's agent is that unscrupulous, he could very easily have been saying 'Beckett ius about to join Southend' and then that he isnt in order to squeeze a better deal out of Oldham. If none is forthcoming dont be surprised to see Beckett move south...

I hope this IS bollix.... the whole striker-signing business is getting a bit too long and drawn out for my liking... surely someone out there wants to join us? My patience is beginning to wear thin now... panic will set in soon if we don't sign someone this week I reckon!
tounge.gif

Seriously though, Beckett has never played 'down south' so it would not really surprise me if he turned us down.

Back