• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boozer recommendation

GlasgowBlue

Worst timing ever given the clubs predicament but my stag is on saturday and myself and 10 other jocks are coming down for the weekend including a visit to Roots Hall. Have booked out the collymore lounge so we can have some food, beer, betting etc before the game.

Any pubs nearby you can recommend that will be jock friendly? Staying in chelmsford friday to sunday and just coming through at lunchtime for the game.

Cheers

PS A few of the boys in my party currently play in the same team as the one and only Gordon Connelly......thought it best he didnt join us given his less than legendary status!

I'd honestly say mate that as long as they don't get larey when the rugby (Eng v Sco) is on, Sat evening, then there will be no evident issues with pretty much any pub you go in. I don't think you'll need to plan ahead as much as if there was say 10 Essex guys coming to Glasgow.

I'd say you've definitely go to go the Spread, either before or after the game. I hear The Railway is also worth a look sometimes too. The Last Post is a decent Wetherspoons in the town centre too.

slightly amused that weve just sacked brush, in financial turmoil etc etc, and the boozer recommendation thread is at the top of the list lol!
anyway, have a good time glasgowblue, watch your back stag night shenanigans etc :)

Think most people have moved from the Spread as its not got the football anymore and also its bloody expensive for a poor pub; Railway is probably the pick of the pubs I would say.

Railway is probably the pick of the pubs closest to the ground, It's where I drink before games.

Back