• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bostons Pitch

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
Taken from the sun this morning

''Boston United will have to fork out tens of thousands of pounds after vandals poured chemicals over their newly laid pitch''

I sense a group of boston fans wernt too impressed by the sand pit they saw last season and took matters into their own hands. They probably poured some miracle grow onto the surface to try and get the grass to reappear from under ten tonne of sand.

Having played on this pitch when i was about 14 I can only say that I cannot believe vandals can have made the pitch anymore unplayable that it was already.

Its probably Lincoln fans upset that Boston have signed the MVP for the NBA last year...... Ben Futcher

tounge.gif

Its a scam..

The manager did it as the playing surface will have no detrimental effect on their long ball game and the insurance money will come in handy.....

So MTS doesn't go all John Deed on me....allegedly

Probably just Boston fans who can't get enough of their scruffy long-ball game and who were disgusted at the thought of playing on a surface that actually might benefit visiting sides who knock the ball about.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 29 2005,11:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 29 2005,10:42)]I'd rather be Rumpole than your speciality... ...the defendant in an episode of The Bill.
Pardon? When have I ever been a defendant?

rock.gif
I'm talking more of your appearance, dear boy...

tounge.gif

But it's only a matter of time, I'm sure...! Crimes against common sense will be the charge, I imagine!!

laugh.gif

Boston is the only place I have been "accompanied" away from the ground at the end of a match by a policeman who seemed concerned at my "we have been robbed by a $%&* pitch" attitude ---- twice.

Perhaps its Jason Lee's haircare products as his pineapple must have used up a lot of chemicals.

Maybe some of Gazza's moonshine when they cleared his locker out?

Back