• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BOT 90's Albums: II - Tindersticks v Fat of the Land - Prodigy

R1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ahem, good luck to our favourite leftie....!

needing it.....Clearly not going to win no matter who this was drawn against as they are a cult status act but worth the spot to bring them into view for a few more music fans.

Could have picked any of their first few albums but I saw them perform this one in its entirety at the Barbican and it was a very moving experience.

Tindersticks are a must hear for any fan of Scott Walker, Vic Reeves' pub singer skit and fans of indie bands that invest in stings, brass and sophisticated song writing.

Though the band are from Nottingham the woman in the Travelling Light video went to the same Benfleet school as me - be interested to know what she is up to these days....
'...memories - if I had to take them with me I'd never get from my bed'

[video=youtube;zFfOgtTEji4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFfOgtTEji4[/video]

My Sister - 'he got three years but was out in fifteen months, we saw him a while later - he was coaching a non league football team in a Cornwall seaside town...'

[video=youtube;IbSok13hbSs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbSok13hbSs[/video]

Sorry *** but never really got into Tindersticks. Fat of the Land is a great album. Influenced a load of guff but The Prodigy back then were pretty awesome.

Sad to say the only Tinderstick songs I've knowingly heard was on the Sopranos.

Tired of the Prodigy now, but back then......

Always found The Prodigy to be a joke band for teenage ravers. Tinders are total legends, unique, and responsible for 3 of my favourite albums of all time.

needing it.....Clearly not going to win no matter who this was drawn against as they are a cult status act but worth the spot to bring them into view for a few more music fans.

Could have picked any of their first few albums but I saw them perform this one in its entirety at the Barbican and it was a very moving experience.

Tindersticks are a must hear for any fan of Scott Walker, Vic Reeves' pub singer skit and fans of indie bands that invest in stings, brass and sophisticated song writing.

Though the band are from Nottingham the woman in the Travelling Light video went to the same Benfleet school as me - be interested to know what she is up to these days....
'...memories - if I had to take them with me I'd never get from my bed'

[video=youtube;zFfOgtTEji4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFfOgtTEji4[/video]

Sorry mate didn't sell it to me, plus fat of the land has good memories for me

Always found The Prodigy to be a joke band for teenage ravers. Tinders are total legends, unique, and responsible for 3 of my favourite albums of all time.

Some of us were teenage ravers! Our tastes then matured (a little!)

Not overly familiar with Tindersticks but really don't like The Prodigy. Music for Playstations. I'll investigate the former and will give the latter a wide swerve.

I do love some Prod tracks, but not a huge fan of this album, I guess I was getting on a bit when it came out. Tindersticks for me on this one, as the battle hots up!

Wow,much closer tie then I imagined....and Tommy you will be kicked out if I don't see a post from you!

Back