• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blue_Wes

Simple Minded
Marcos Maidan Bt Broner by UD
Boy was I happy to see this result come in. Big mouthed, self proclaimed heir to Mayweather's thrown sent crashing back down to earth by Maidana. Broner wasn't just beaten, he was crushed, rocked in the first and down in the second, and bar a couple of rounds in the middle was on the back foot the whole fight, Maidana even lost a point, and it still wasn't close. The bigger achievement by Maidana though is that he appears to have shut Broner up, well almost. Not sure what weight Broner will come back at, he's won titles at three weights, Welter, feather and Light, if the Mayweather fight falls through for Khan, it could be a good match up for them both. Either way, it was nice to see another mouthy, brash, crude self hyped American gob ***** fall foul of his 'own brilliance', especially a week after seeing Devon Alexander suffer the same fate at the hands of Shawn Porter, handing over his IBF Welterweight crown.

Martin Murray bt Khomitsky by UD
Not really a fight of note, but included more for the announcement after a very poor points victory. It seems Murray was both unwell and distracted, as the fighter who controversialy lost a points decision to Sergio Martinez, despite dropping him in the eigth, and also controversially again drew against Sturm in Germany in World Title fights laboured against a no-mark he comfortably beat early in his career. The distraction it seems comes from Hatton's claim that Murray has another World title shot, due to be announced today I think. Third Time Lucky? Rematch v Sturm or Martinez? Surely not GGG? The only other option is unbeaten Quillin, I don't really know much about him but he doesn't really have much on his CV other than his title win.

Broner lol. Got exactly what he deserved. You can forgive Floyd for being brash & arrogant (that said he's mellowed a lot recently, or otherwise known, toned down the act) because he achieved so much & beat the best around him. He was/is a true P4P champ. Broner wasn't/isn't. He'll come back at light welter I reckon.

As for Murray, well. His title "fight" is a farce. He's up against a guy who's awful & was been stopped inside 2 rounds by Billy Jo Saunders last year. He's ranked #36 in the world ffs. Basically for anyone who doesn't understand, it means Murray will win a world title, without actually beating a world champion & in the process, swerving the proper champions like, Martinez, GGG & Sturm. I like Murray, but his career is seriously in danger of stalling & being talked about as "well what if..."

Back