• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bradders 3 million

blue heaven

Coach
Just read in Sunday Mirror that Man City paid 3 Mill for him,I an amazed he must of been very hot property at that stage of his career.Great goal yesterday.

Yea, he scored a shed-load of goals for Pompey over a couple of seasons (in the second div as was then) and I think it was Brian Horton that splashed the cash.

Dont think he ever did it in the Prem though...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Jan. 14 2007,12:56)]Yea, he scored a shed-load of goals for Pompey over a couple of seasons (in the second div as was then) and I think it was Brian Horton that splashed the cash.

Dont think he ever did it in the Prem though...
He had only scored 15 league goals for Pompey when Man City signed him for £3million.

Man City were a championship club at the time, so he never played premiership football. In fact, Man City were relegated in his first season with them, and so he also played in what is now league one for City.

I still don't think hes particulary good. Certainly the worst starting forward in the championship.

I like him as a player! I think he puts in 110% every game I have seen him play just needs to get a bit more confidence infront of goal! And hopefully that corker from yesterday has boosted it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 14 2007,16:28)]I still don't think hes particulary good. Certainly the worst starting forward in the championship.
"Certainly" eh?

Oo.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 14 2007,16:28)]I still don't think hes particulary good. Certainly the worst starting forward in the championship.
In YOUR opinion.

I don't think that either of those things qualify your statement.

How many league matches have we won this season without Bradbury in the side?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 14 2007,18:06)]I don't think that either of those things qualify your statement.

How many league matches have we won this season without Bradbury in the side?
A very worthy point,and one that has not gone unnoticed amongst my sad circle of friends!!

how many have we won with him! I think we win games usually DESPITE having him in the team!

He's much better than Harrold and he's Badbuys natural replacement. Give me Bradders over Harry any day mate

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 14 2007,18:33)]how many have we won with him! I think we win games usually DESPITE having him in the team!
We've won five out of 14 with Bradbury in the team and none out of 14 without him. Thats no coincidence.

He wins more headers than any of our other attacking players and he retains possession better than any of our other attacking players. He can't shoot for toffee (other than yesterday, obviously), but that shouldn't detract from all the plusses he brings to the side.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 14 2007,18:33)]how many have we won with him! I think we win games usually DESPITE having him in the team!
like yesterday's game, for example?
tounge.gif

I didn't know there was a competition! I've finally won something!

I think Thenewblue should be saying about how many games we have won BECAUSE he is in the team. More than we would without him.

Back