• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01g4ry4/The_Football_League_Show_2011_2012_07_04_2012/

1:08:14

1st Goal: Clear foul on Hills in the build up.
2nd Goal: Clohessy definitely doesn't trip him up, he barely touches him. That's a dive for me. Will we appeal it?

I hope we appeal, thats a clear cut dive to me

for the first goal the players reaction indicates its a foul, and Hansen/Hensen? goes on to score just to add insult to injury. Maybe in Hills had been fit he would have been stronger in the challenge ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01g4ry4/The_Football_League_Show_2011_2012_07_04_2012/

1:08:14

1st Goal: Clear foul on Hills in the build up.
2nd Goal: Clohessy definitely doesn't trip him up, he barely touches him. That's a dive for me. Will we appeal it?

Theres a bit of a nudge in the back, but nothing you dont see time & again but thats all. Its a poor decision to give the penalty & a dreadful one to send Clohessy off.

It should be appealed but Im not sure how it works now. I think any appeal would leave Clohessy available for tomorrows game?

It's 1:18:14, thanks for making me watch a bit of Colchester!!!:thumbdown:

Never a red Clohessy's, hope they do appeal. Looks like the cameras saw as much of the Benyon one as the ref did.

Mick, not sure how you can defend that decision. It wasn't even a tackle, and the most blatant dive when the forward realised that Clohessey was catching him and would of possibly got a block in.

Clohessey slightly touched him with his arm as he went to get goal side.

There was also a covering defender. Would be amazed if the club did not appeal this.

Just out of interest Mick,how much does it cost to appeal a red card?

There is a sliding scale:

FA Premier League £1,500
Football League Championship £750
Football League 1 £500
Football League 2 £350

If they were going to appeal, they would have had to contact the FA by yesterday afternoon. He would then be able to play tomorrow and the hearing would be after the match. If the red card is ratified he would then miss the Torquay game. If the FA think that the appeal was primarily to allow him to play tomorrow, they would have the frivolous appeal option to add an additional game. It's really not worth it; the player went down easily but there was contact.

There is a sliding scale:

FA Premier League £1,500
Football League Championship £750
Football League 1 £500
Football League 2 £350

If they were going to appeal, they would have had to contact the FA by yesterday afternoon. He would then be able to play tomorrow and the hearing would be after the match. If the red card is ratified he would then miss the Torquay game. If the FA think that the appeal was primarily to allow him to play tomorrow, they would have the frivolous appeal option to add an additional game. It's really not worth it; the player went down easily but there was contact.

Cheers. I'm with you- it was a bit soft but my immediate reaction was he'd caught enough of him and it was always going to be a red card.

• What's all the whinging about? :unsure:Only seen the "highlights" once(On BP)but the first goal was good and the second was a pen.
its not whinging, its having an opinion--- something you seem to know a lot about. If you want some whinging here is some, why say you have only watched it once , whats the point of that comment ? Are you saying it is soooooo obvious that you only need to watch it once, or are you giving your self a 'get out clause' in case you might be wrong?

its not whinging, its having an opinion--- something you seem to know a lot about. If you want some whinging here is some, why say you have only watched it once , whats the point of that comment ? Are you saying it is soooooo obvious that you only need to watch it once, or are you giving your self a 'get out clause' in case you might be wrong?[/QUOTE]

More of the former I suspect but it was just an innocent comment.No need to try and read any deeper meaning into it.
FWIW,I've just had another look and I stand by what I said.We were well beaten and there's no point in looking for excuses.Roll on Monday.

My initial reaction on the day was that clohessy would get a red but it does like harsh on seeing it again.
It also appeared to me at the time that it was harris who drew the ref's attention to the linesman flagging for the benyon incident. Like the rest off us Harris clearly didn't know what it was for and appeared to apologise to Benyon when the red was shown. Branston was also quick to console Benyon - presumably buddies from Torquay days.
I feared we were in for a real beating once we went down to nine (and then eight when Barker limped off) men and was a little surprised how comfortably we kept it to 2-0

Back