• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bramble scores on his debut

Glad for him, he said he wanted to put himself in the shop window and he has done just that. good luck to him

Stick him up front and give him some service and he will score goals and create goals for others.

I really hope that us letting him go doesn't come back and bite us in the arse. It will certainly be interesting to see who Tilly brings in to replace him.

Legend. We needed his aerial and physical presence today and he was hugely missed!!

I'd take more notice of what Tilly said yesterday about Tes's move than one performance. We certainly wouldn't miss the Tes Bramble we've had here since the turn of the year.

Good luck to the fella, hope the move genuinely comes off for him, but at the moment I trust Tilly and Brush's judgement on this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 12 2005,19:21)]Legend. We needed his aerial and physical presence today and he was hugely missed!!
Exactly what the general consensus around me was today.

The steward next to the dugout told Tilly with about 10 minutes to go and he looked positively gutted.

Bring him back!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 12 2005,19:07)]It will certainly be interesting to see who Tilly brings in to replace him.
Forgot to mention that there was a rumour around me today that Tilly was at Canvey last night watching a certain Mr Boylan again. I personally still don't believe they'd sell him to us though.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Mar. 12 2005,19:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 12 2005,19:21)]Legend. We needed his aerial and physical presence today and he was hugely missed!!
Exactly what the general consensus around me was today.

The steward next to the dugout told Tilly with about 10 minutes to go and he looked positively gutted.

Bring him back!
wink.gif
As i said all day, we need God back at the club and today proved that. Dudfield did very well when he came on but i think Tes could have made an even bigger difference!!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 12 2005,19:07)]Stick him up front and give him some service and he will score goals and create goals for others.
He played on the left wing for Cambridge today...

Bramble doesn't have an aerial presence. Play him upfront and give him the ball to feet then he may be effective, I'm sorry but Tes was very poor in the air for a big bloke

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ Mar. 12 2005,21:07)]Bramble doesn't have an aerial presence. Play him upfront and give him the ball to feet then he may be effective, I'm sorry but Tes was very poor in the air for a big bloke
Ah, but he'd have done a far better job than Freddy or Gray in the air today. It didn't take a genius to work out that they weren't going to win a thing in the air against that defence, so quite why we continually kept the ball in the air and played to Lincoln's strength and our weakness I don't know!? It was lucky we had Bentley, because without his physical presence, I fear we would've definitely lost it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Shrimper @ Mar. 12 2005,20:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 12 2005,19:07)]Stick him up front and give him some service and he will score goals and create goals for others.
He played on the left wing for Cambridge today...
Really? hahahaha

Wasn't he woeful there at Brisbane Road for us this season?

He started left wing and did OK, he then went right wing and played well, he then went up front with 15 mins to go and scored - He created many chances for them as well.

I can't understand the logic of going from 4 strikers who can genuinely score goals and provide each other with plenty of competition to only 3.

Suppose one of them gets injured? We then have no striker on the bench.

Suppose two of them get injured? Can we recall Tes from Cambridge? Or might we go into the LDV Final and/or games against teams like Macc and Yeovil with only one striker, who might himself happen to hit a lean patch at precisely that time?

Or does Mr. Versatile himself, Super Cheese Wilson, play centre-forward?
laugh.gif

this is "what if" territory, Tes has left the building, get over it! Good luck to him at Cambridge I say. I think it says a lot about the Newman era that our two main strikers from that period are now plying their trade at Kidderminster and Cambridge!

and for anyone worried about us losing a striker - Corbett can play upfront and IMHO had his best games for us last season in that position

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Mar. 13 2005,03:17)]Corbett can play upfront and IMHO had his best games for us last season in that position
Alongside Tes Bramble....

Back