• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brian Clough

adwebb16

Coach
Been meaning to read one of Cloughies books for a while, finally had a bit of time come up and have gone to purchase one of the Cloughie based books and realised there are a small handful.

Anyone read/recommend any of the following;

Clough: The Autobiography B.Clough
Provided you don't kiss me: 20 years with Brian Clough D.Hamilton
Cloughie: Walking on Water B.Clough
Old Big 'ead D.Hamilton
We are the Damned United: The Real Story of BC at Leeds Utd P.Rostron

I haven't read Damned United and am aware it's almost a fiction story so would rather get my facts straight before embarking down this route.

Cheers!

Been meaning to read one of Cloughies books for a while, finally had a bit of time come up and have gone to purchase one of the Cloughie based books and realised there are a small handful.

Anyone read/recommend any of the following;

Clough: The Autobiography B.Clough
Provided you don't kiss me: 20 years with Brian Clough D.Hamilton
Cloughie: Walking on Water B.Clough
Old Big 'ead D.Hamilton
We are the Damned United: The Real Story of BC at Leeds Utd P.Rostron

I haven't read Damned United and am aware it's almost a fiction story so would rather get my facts straight before embarking down this route.

Cheers!

i've read the damned united and thought it was a really good book, deffinately worth a read! the films very good too but the books better.

i've read the damned united and thought it was a really good book, deffinately worth a read! the films very good too but the books better.

It was also widely condemned by his family. I agree it's a good book, but probably worth taking it with a pinch of salt.

Provided You Don't Kiss Me by Duncan Hamilton is essential reading, and arguably seen as the definitive biography.

I've read - and enjoyed - Walking On Water. It was written with (by) John Sadler, who was very close to Clough for many years. As such you're very much getting Clough's side of the story but he's pretty honest about many of his faults and mistakes.

Thanks for your input lads. I've got hold of 'Provided you don't kiss me', and to be honest I find the him so intriguing that I will probably make my way through them all at some point over the years!

Back