• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brighton get the go ahead...

Fantastic news for Brighton and another triumph of fans over a greedy management - the Albion's supporters are a testament to what fan power can achieve. Maybe it's time we had an organised fan's campaign for Fossetts?

The plans for the ground look great too... Though they could rebuild Roots Hall and it'd be a vast improvement of the Hole thats there Now...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reading Shrimper @ Oct. 28 2005,11:29)]Maybe it's time we had an organised fan's campaign for Fossetts?
why? What's wrong with staying at RH? I still am yet to be convinced by either argument both Ron and Delancey put forward.

In any case, if it's anything like the Bring Back the North bank campaign, it'll be worthless.

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 28 2005,12:39)]why? What's wrong with staying at RH? I still am yet to be convinced by either argument both Ron and Delancey put forward.
Because a new purpose-built stadium complex is the only way to take the club forwards. Just look at Swansea, Huddersfield, or Reading - though some may loathe the fair-weather fans, we can't deny that those lured by a shiny new stadium will boost attendences and revenue for the Club. And the suggested other developments at the complex (such as bars/nightclubs etc) will bring valuable off-season revenue.

There is one drawback with a new stadium. Where is the money going to come from to pay for it.......

Oh and we don't own the land, so where is the money going to come from to pay Lansbury for that.

We might get a bit of it back by selling the RH site for redevelopment but it will be considerably less then the outgoings. Oh but I forgot we don't own RH either so we will not get any money back...

Just another thought , which I have raised several times on here previously, When B&L finally gets redeveloped, where will we train ?

Well done to Brighton, nice to see their persistence paid off.

Fossetts is a pipe dream for us, IMO. Sad but true.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 28 2005,21:40)]Fossetts is a pipe dream for us, IMO. Sad but true.
Why do you think that? Surely over the last eight years or so Brighton's dreams have looked like a pipe dream, but look where they've got to today!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A summary of the decision from the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister said the stadium was in the public interest, and there are "no other realistic alternative sites".

Surely the same could be said about Fossetts Farm, couldn't it? And at least there you won't be building anywhwere near an area of outstanding natural beauty, like the South Downs!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Oct. 28 2005,23:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 28 2005,21:40)]Fossetts is a pipe dream for us, IMO. Sad but true.
Why do you think that? Surely over the last eight years or so Brighton's dreams have looked like a pipe dream, but look where they've got to today!
But Brighton had solid plans for a new ground...

We have nothing to show apart from declarations of intent. Until Ron buys out Delancey, which is unlikely at the moment, nothing will ever happen.

Its a sad situation really.

Looking at photos of Liberty stadium (Swansea) it looks fantastic. And can't wait to go there this seaosn.

Even Rushden, ok, it still had the old terracing atone end but still was a nice, little stadium with good facilties. I wish we had something along them lines. Nothing against the Hall - it a old-fashioned traditional stadium and one that I have loved for years but in present times if you want to move a football club forward you have to have the facilities and Roots Hall does not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reading Shrimper @ Oct. 28 2005,11:29)]Fantastic news for Brighton and another triumph of fans over a greedy management - the Albion's supporters are a testament to what fan power can achieve. Maybe it's time we had an organised fan's campaign for Fossetts?
I was a student in Brighton when they had a referendum on whether to build at Falmer or not. Everyone in Brighton voted, and there was an impressive yes vote. Real democracy at work.

Except that Falmer lies outside Brighton City Councils boundary, and the people actually affected by the stadium build had no say at all. Unfortunately all the 'best thing for the community' was a load of cobblers - the really local community had no say at all.

Let's make sure we don't make the same mistakes. Southend has a tradition of being a real community club - ground built by the fans, last club in the country with a supporters club brass band, etc etc, all great trivia but tells a story too.

For what it's worth, I voted for the Falmer development as I recognised it was a good decision for football, and I hope that my old Uni benefits from it too. Perhaps Southend Council should consider having a town-wide referendum (at least FF is within Southend's boundary!).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Oct. 31 2005,17:39)]I was a student in Brighton when they had a referendum on whether to build at Falmer or not. Everyone in Brighton voted, and there was an impressive yes vote. Real democracy at work.
Wasn't that because Falmer has the largest gay sex shop in the country though.
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Oct. 31 2005,13:54)]Looking at photos of Liberty stadium (Swansea) it looks fantastic. And can't wait to go there this seaosn.
Trust me, you don't want a stadium like that. We have one and there is no character and no atmousphere. The only up point is the facilities and the capacity.
If you want a new stadium try to lobby for a radical desgn, like The Reebok or Eastlands. It would be sad to see yet another club moving to a "Lego" stadium

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 01 2005,15:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Oct. 31 2005,17:39)]I was a student in Brighton when they had a referendum on whether to build at Falmer or not. Everyone in Brighton voted, and there was an impressive yes vote. Real democracy at work.
Wasn't that because Falmer has the largest gay sex shop in the country though.
wow.gif
I wouldn't know
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 30 2005,07:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Oct. 28 2005,23:02)]
[b said:
But Brighton had solid plans for a new ground...
BINGO!

We've got sweet FA. No plans, no land, no approval. It's just been one big cluster f%&k ...

WS

Back