• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brighton Staduim

HUTTON

Lewes district council have appealed against planning permission, so work cannot start for a year

Blimey, the council down there seem determined not to let them relocate. I feel a bit sorry for them, and hope that we don't encounter the same problems....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Mar. 09 2006,21:15)]Blimey, the council down there seem determined not to let them relocate. I feel a bit sorry for them, and hope that we don't encounter the same problems....
Thing is, Lewes council are complaining about a stadium that's being built outside of their borough so I can't see what the f*** it has to do with them. It's the equivalent of Rochford complaining about planning permission being granted at Fossetts Farm

Ridiculous

And its not as if Lewes is within proximity of Brighton. Whereas Rochford is as little as 5 miles away from Roots Hall, Lewes is a good 20 miles from Brighton itself...

Good,

Personally hate BHA and everything connected with em and until I see them playing in my local park I wont be
mad.gif

Im with you on that one Dave..

I hate Brighton more than any other side in the world and yes that includes Col Ewe, Orient and w%&k Ham.

Aaaarrrghhh I cant stand them, 99% of their fans are quite simply gobsh!te c%&ts.

I hope they dont get permission and they get relegated this season and continue to play at that hovel they call the Withdean.

laugh.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Mar. 11 2006,08:24)]And its not as if Lewes is within proximity of Brighton. Whereas Rochford is as little as 5 miles away from Roots Hall, Lewes is a good 20 miles from Brighton itself...
Lewes is about 9 miles from Brighton - I know because I very occasionally cycle up to watch them and I'm not quite fit (or bored) enough to motivate myself for a 40 mile round trip!

Brighton's proposed new stadium is supposed to be built in Falmer, near Brighton and Sussex Universities and only about 3 or 4 miles from Lewes. I think that the council's concern is mainly over traffic, overcrowded parking and noise on Saturdays as people travel through on their way to games. To be honest I think that rational argument has little to do with it - on the one hand you have Brighton fans who'd back the destruction of Lewes itself to build a new stadium and on the other you have the NIMBY's who like their quiet little town the way it is and don't want to listen to any arguments which oppose their own views.

This is a frequent issue is many commercial builds. From football stadiums to leisure centres. Hate brighton but have no problem with them getting a new home = at least we will never have to visit the dump that is the Withdean

Back