• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Off seasom PB should be spending his time getting SUFC some strikers that can actually score goals also a midfield general, who can set up plays and steady the younger brigade.

Off season Brown should be looking for new employment!

Pennyfather has really backed up what I've been saying for a while. OK we haven't scored many but it's only since we've got two effective central defenders again that we've looked solid at the back and started to keep clean sheets. If we had Egan/ Sokolik (or equivalents) in early February, clean sheets would have got us victories against Exeter, Morecambe, Northampton and even Scunthorpe and the league table would look rather different.

Had a £5 treble dundee, oxford, southend would of made £60 thanks alot boys.

I'd be interested to know how the supply was from midfield...it's all very well slating the forwards but if supply was limited then that's hardly their fault. All I'd heard by half time was John White going close. Twice. :stunned:

We have scored just 6 goals in the past 8 games. That's bad even for a side struggling to stay in the league let alone those chasing the top7!

Sorry, as I've mentioned below, our BIG problem was NOT the 6 goals we scored but the 8 goals we've conceded. Since we've had Sokolik and Egan in central defence and Phillips has disappeared from the picture, we hardly look like conceding. If THIS had been sorted early February, things would be different now.

Sorry, as I've mentioned below, our BIG problem was NOT the 6 goals we scored but the 8 goals we've conceded. Since we've had Sokolik and Egan in central defence and Phillips has disappeared from the picture, we hardly look like conceding. If THIS had been sorted early February, things would be different now.
Yes but we didnt sort this out in early February. Even though it is sorted out now we will still concede goals, we NEED to score more goals if we have any hope of finishing in the top 7, 6 in 8 just isn't acceptable.

It's a good point at the place we normally lose and Harrod didn't score Vs us. It's an platform to build on, let get behind the lads on Monday!!

Yes but we didnt sort this out in early February. Even though it is sorted out now we will still concede goals, we NEED to score more goals if we have any hope of finishing in the top 7, 6 in 8 just isn't acceptable.
Since we've had the pairing of Sokolik and Egan we haven't conceded. Of course I'm not disagreeing that we've been crying out for a bit of pace up front for months but you build a team on a solid defence and that we didn't have when we were obliged to rely on Phillips and anyone else who could fill in.

It's not about having a good defence but a bad attack rather it's a question of the balance of the side being too defensive.

The team - characterised by Atkinson - is too workmanlike. There's virtually no flair in the side. Only Straker (when in the side) tries to take on players, only Timlin (when in the side) tries to beat opponents with a pass. Hurst is the only one of the midfield/attack who puts in a decent cross, Corr's the only one capable of converting those chances. There's little in the way of pace. Then to compound all this we play with little width and little attacking ambition.

Instead of signing Gomis why didn't Brown sign a winger/wide forward who can replace Hurst when Hurst is having one of his frequent off-days? Or replace Straker, who has become an integral part of our team despite having little end product just because he's the only one who stretches the opposition.

Did Brown really think Reid was an adequate replacement for Gavin Tomlin?

Where's Mitchell Pinnock who at least would offer some width?

What's Laird done to be dropped from the squad entirely?

Why hasn't Jack Payne been given more opportunity from the bench as he at least tries to take players on?

season over for me, can't see where the next win (or even goal) is coming from.

on-wards to next year.

I was there.

First game since Hull, so first time I've seen Barnard this time around. Well, he worked hard but he's never gonna score. I'm no fan of Eastwood but he was no worse than the others. They must get depressed when they see those two up top, though.
The conditions were terrible. Wind, rain, hail and godawful football. The team looks out of ideas and their body language says the season is over. Other than that it was great.

One main issue with tonight, where was Phil Brown? That journey in the wind and rain on a Friday night and the manager isn't on the touch line. Barnard was poor, I don't think him or Freddy would have scored if we'd played all week. White had his worst game I've seen of him, pointless long balls down the line over and over again. A clean sheet, the left side of Hurst and Coker and Loza's few moments of talents were the only positives.

One main issue with tonight, where was Phil Brown? That journey in the wind and rain on a Friday night and the manager isn't on the touch line. Barnard was poor, I don't think him or Freddy would have scored if we'd played all week. White had his worst game I've seen of him, pointless long balls down the line over and over again. A clean sheet, the left side of Hurst and Coker and Loza's few moments of talents were the only positives.

he was ill. travelled up separately and didn't sit with the team.

Loza's got talent.......won't get a look in here then with Phil. Can't we just get rid and give it temporary to someone that likes to have a shot on goal. How the hell does Tango expect this to be a stepping stone if he don't know how to win a game when the chips are down?

In the Directors box

To say we hav been dog **** for a few months we are still in with a great chance of play offs. Chins up folks.

Back