• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Sky

Laird's pass for Tomlin's goal was superb.
Assombalonga's dummy for Hurst's goal was class.

Poor keeping for their first goal, but Smith seemed to recover ok.

Excellent build ups for both of our first two goals. Solid base allows this...

Another great header from Cressy. Seemed to be a harsh pen and sending off tbh.

First time i have seen it and yes Smith could have done better but I have seen a lot worse keeping than that. The way people have been talking I was expecting a right howler. Come on that was not that bad. never made any more errors. I have seen Englang keepers making bigger mistakes then that.

First time i have seen it and yes Smith could have done better but I have seen a lot worse keeping than that. The way people have been talking I was expecting a right howler. Come on that was not that bad. never made any more errors. I have seen Englang keepers making bigger mistakes then that.
He made a couple of good saves as usual but gets the fundamentals wrong again, my old granny could have held that one...why does he have these lapses?

Yep definitely agree here. I'm sure he knows he could have done better but it appears from the highlights that defensively we were collectively a bit shaky in that period of the game. The earlier Brizzle Rover chance and the goal came from defenders not closing down and attackers being afforded too much space.

Smith should of done better there but defensively very slow in reacting all parties to blame

Poor keeping for their first goal, but Smith seemed to recover ok.

Excellent build ups for both of our first two goals. Solid base allows this...

One thing I did notice. 18 seconds in on the footage when Bristol Rovers had the header that Smith clawed away, Smith seems to go the wrong way before re-adjusting himself and diving to his left. Not sure why

Agree with much of the above - did any one notice that Mark Phillips was playing the ball nicely in a couple of the clips ..... there have been times when I have pulled my hair out at the inability of the back 4 to play a ball to feet. They can do it, so why don't they do it more often? A good win.

To be fair, I thought Smith was slow down to the first save on there but other than that some pretty solid goalkeeping. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but he does still need to convince me, I don't have the same faith in him as I've had in other keepers, including Belford, who, for all his lack of height, made up for it in his agility.

I loved Cresswell and Barker's reactions to the Bristol Rovers miss right at the end, very funny :smile:

One thing I did notice. 18 seconds in on the footage when Bristol Rovers had the header that Smith clawed away, Smith seems to go the wrong way before re-adjusting himself and diving to his left. Not sure why
Think there might have been a deflection on the header, which would throw any goalkeeper off momentarily.

I suspect he was thinking "I'm not too happy with the criticism I have been receiving so I'll momentarily pretend to go the wrong way and give some of the "fans" a mild heart attack ........... that'll teach 'em, me duck".

Back