• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From the link click the Southend United badge and scroll down the page.

some good saves from smith I think the first goal was not as easy to gather as some are saying, didnt know we had so many goalkeeping coaches on the board, stop the moaning peeps its so boring at the moment. Cant wait for saturday and lets all get behind the boys COYB

I'm neither pro or anti smith, but their first goal is just a genuine error....however recovered well and made some decent stops after so will be backing him (and all those who pull on the shirt) for the next game.

Nice to come back from a holiday and see that we've got some good results. Hopefully getting down for the Port Vale match, and lets hope the run continues!

Well that game seemed to have everything! 2 bad goals to concede which nearly cost us, luckily our attacking seemed to be much more precise...some good movement on the goals.

Thought the high studs up tackle right before the red card challenge was worse!

I'm neither pro or anti smith, but their first goal is just a genuine error....however recovered well and made some decent stops after so will be backing him (and all those who pull on the shirt) for the next game.

I would put forward the view that the defender didn't close down their attacker quickly - and that some (a lot?) of credit should go to the forward a) for taking a shot and b) following it up.

I just hope that Tomlin takes note - you have to shoot when you have the chance. Leonard was doing just that at times last year (including away at Port Vale) and getting goals ............ come on you Thames Estuary Gallaticos. :omg:

Smith is awful, terrible parry for the first goal, right back into the danger area. Can see Barker giving him a bollocking in the highlights.

He makes the strikers job the easiest in the world for the penalty as he's already leaning so far to his right before he'd even started his run up, it was so obvious what way he was diving.

To conclude, he is gash.

I would put forward the view that the defender didn't close down their attacker quickly - and that some (a lot?) of credit should go to the forward a) for taking a shot and b) following it up.

I just hope that Tomlin takes note - you have to shoot when you have the chance. Leonard was doing just that at times last year (including away at Port Vale) and getting goals ............ come on you Thames Estuary Gallaticos. :omg:

Fair point, there were mistakes made by the defence before smith had the shot to save, that aside the parry/spill by him is poor, he's given it straight to back their forward for a second effort on goal....no credit should go to their striker for following it up, more of a concern is that our defenders did not and switched off as soon as he hit his first attempt.

Smith is awful, terrible parry for the first goal, right back into the danger area. Can see Barker giving him a bollocking in the highlights.

He makes the strikers job the easiest in the world for the penalty as he's already leaning so far to his right before he'd even started his run up, it was so obvious what way he was diving.

To conclude, he is gash.

I feel a penalty should viewed as a guaranteed goal... no professional football player should miss from that range. Unless the goalie gave away the penalty then a goal scored from one is never the goalkeepers fault.

He is playing in league 2... there is a reason for that he is allowed the odd mistake as long as he recovers quickly which he seemed to Tuesday then all is good

I feel a penalty should viewed as a guaranteed goal... no professional football player should miss from that range. Unless the goalie gave away the penalty then a goal scored from one is never the goalkeepers fault.

He is playing in league 2... there is a reason for that he is allowed the odd mistake as long as he recovers quickly which he seemed to Tuesday then all is good

It's not just the 'odd mistake' though is it?

He's played 10-15 games now and already has a list of errors.

He looks like the nervous little 18 year old and Dan looks the part!!

List em! respect that everyone has views and opinions but some are utter s***

Back