• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

British Legion Poppy Appeal Launch

Right we have poppies at work, and got given a leaflet on how to sell em.

Do not display past 10th November, but remembrance day is 11th November

The one that really got me, do not offer to general public in case it offends them :madman:

It's all bollocks - sod offending anyone, those to whom it means something will buy them regardless, we need to stop being apologists and be proud of those who made sacrifices.

I've been wearing mine since we first got them in. I don't care if offends anyone. Wearing mine with pride

Once again, i urge you to buy, wear, or just donate, and even possibly change your avatar to one..

Many thanks.
J

Or pop into a British Legion and buy a nice pin badge

POPPY-2009.jpg

And another thing, a lot of people wrongly assume the British Legion is for old folks.
Not the case. They do lots of work for the community and many are modern places with live football and cheap beer. They need as much support as possible if they are to continue their good work.

Right we have poppies at work, and got given a leaflet on how to sell em.

Do not display past 10th November, but remembrance day is 11th November

The one that really got me, do not offer to general public in case it offends them :madman:

I am not against giving them to folk who don't want to financially contribute, reason being is that the more people that wear them the higher the profile and hopefully the more it encourages others to put their had in their pockets. If one person who does not dig deep encourages another 2 to contribute then that can only be a good thing.

Just away to change my Avatar J.

Good shout as always mate

Back