• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

British values

I've only been around since the 70's so can't comment on times before that but I have lived in Essex, Surrey and South London and worked in many parts of London and because it is busy you do meet the odd **** but the vast majority of people are decent and approachable. I don't know what ferrel parts of the country you have visited but I know I've not been there.

Doubt if BS remembers the 50's too well anyway.I certainly don't (and I was born in '51).

I've only been around since the 70's so can't comment on times before that but I have lived in Essex, Surrey and South London and worked in many parts of London and because it is busy you do meet the odd **** but the vast majority of people are decent and approachable. I don't know what ferrel parts of the country you have visited but I know I've not been there.

Nonsense...I know for a fact you've been to loads of away days to many a Northern town and I include Luton in that list.

Is it attacking the grieving widower of a woman murdered by a terrorist? If it is, you can count me out.

For me its
Thinking you are better then someone because they read a different newspaper then you.
Thinking you are better then someone else because they follow different politics to you and of course your view is the right view.
thinking you are better then someone else because of the clothes you wear or the car you drive.
Sorry to be arseist but i like living in a country where people say hello,goodbye and thankyou to you even if they dont know you.
Britain in the 50,s and 60,s had great values imho but now its just a bit too ferrel for my liking.

50 & 60's really

Krays, Richardson if you don't pay protection your in a motorway piling

The Messini brothers in the 50s White slavery traffic for prostitutes( Its nothing new)

The front door is all ways open policy was because people had nothing to nick and lived in fear in East London and South London, the streets may have seemed more decent but that hid the fear of the people.
Canning Town, East Ham, may seemed a happy place to walk, but at what cost to many who lived and paid the protection money

Yesterdays bully boys are today's heroes , that'S a sad refection on today's society

UTS

50 & 60's really

The Messini brothers in the 50s White slavery traffic for prostitutes( Its nothing new)

The front door is all ways open policy was because people had nothing to nick and lived in fear in East London and South London, the streets may have seemed more decent but that hid the fear of the people.
Canning Town, East Ham, may seemed a happy place to walk, but at what cost to many who lived and paid the protection money

Yesterdays bully boys are today's heroes , that'S a sad refection on today's society

UTS

Rose tinted glasses....never understood why thugs like the Krays became idolised.

I think there is a confusion between traits, characteristics and values
Also values appear to change across the classes and as time goes by, even depending on Gender, so much so that I don't think you could list British values .

I thought he abused NF first.

What's this, the school playground? Accusing "Hope Not Hate" of being a terrorist supporting organisation is defamation, and I imagine, like his loathsome sycophant Katie Hopkins, we'll be seeing a large payment and a public apology before long.

British values? tricky. I've always been influenced by three elements which have affected my values; the way my parents raised me, my education and religion. The last one probably had more effect than I thought at the time. I was a Cub and then a Scout with the Church, in the choir and for a period of time attended Sunday School. So it was three time a day at Holy Trinity Rayleigh. that was quite normal for the 50/60s by the way. So my values are about the way I behave based on experience and observation.

Since adulthood I have always had a lot of time for Max Ehrmann's Desiderata poem. Although good old Max was an American so much stuff in there was universal. I read the poem every now and again and it reminds me of the values I should aim for, and often forget. It was written in 1952. I was just one when it was born so I associate closely with it as it's only a year younger than me.

http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html

50 & 60's really

UTS

WTF has the krays or richatdsons got to do with my post apart from a kwhole lot of feck all.

Back