• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

British values

The fact is that I, as a middle-aged, middle-class, white Anglo-Saxon (am I allowed to say that?) male, am in a demographic that the BBC look at as they would look at a dog **** on their shoe.

Only if you can prove your Anglo Saxon Heritage, God forbid that you have been tainted by many of the waves of immigrants which have come into this country since the oft quoted arbritary point of the last acceptable immigrants in the 5th century.

Only if you can prove your Anglo Saxon Heritage, God forbid that you have been tainted by many of the waves of immigrants which have come into this country since the oft quoted arbritary point of the last acceptable immigrants in the 5th century.

Do you hate white English people by any chance ?

As a follow-up to my previous post, for those of you who aren't aware, there is a website called "Biased BBC", which cites unlimited examples of blatant left-wing bias on a never ending basis, making you constantly question why you are forced to part with £145 annually to help subsidise their filthy propaganda.

Of course this website's claims have been verified by an independent source haven't they Stuart? I mean, it wouldn't be written by someone with an axe to grind would it?

The only thing the BBC is biased of is offering jobs to Oxbridge footlights graduates.

So in answer to the question - British values - nothing that anyone is likely to agree on.
Most if not all who have commented on this thread are white British, broadly similar background, Christian or no religion, grew up or have close connections to the same county - shared values? Not that we would admit to.

Of course this website's claims have been verified by an independent source haven't they Stuart? I mean, it wouldn't be written by someone with an axe to grind would it?
It is not "someone". It is a large number of contributors. And unlike this forum which is largely made up of opinions, the bBBC is predominantly threads containing links to BBC online stories, or videos from tv programmes (Question Time is a regular view). What it does is to confirm the amount of biased reporting, innuendo and heavily disproportionate demographic in favour of certain minority groups. Give it a look MK S, it might open your eyes and perhaps understand why 18 million voters feel so strongly about things in this country.

It always make me laugh when people claim the BBC is biased since the left seem to think it gives too much coverage to right wing viewpoints whilst the right seem to think it gives too much coverage to left wing viewpoints, which is probably a sign the BBC is doing something right. It seems more like the BBC writes both left leaning and right leaning articles to represent a range of viewpoints (since it's meant to represent everyone), which seems like a much better thing than papers like The Daily Mail and The Guardian which frequently ignore the parts of the story that don't fit their agenda and so readers end up being unable to form their own opinions on a story.

As a follow-up to my previous post, for those of you who aren't aware, there is a website called "Biased BBC", which cites unlimited examples of blatant left-wing bias on a never ending basis, making you constantly question why you are forced to part with £145 annually to help subsidise their filthy propaganda.

The only thing the BBC is biased of is offering jobs to Oxbridge footlights graduates.

It is not "someone". It is a large number of contributors. And unlike this forum which is largely made up of opinions, the bBBC is predominantly threads containing links to BBC online stories, or videos from tv programmes (Question Time is a regular view). What it does is to confirm the amount of biased reporting, innuendo and heavily disproportionate demographic in favour of certain minority groups. Give it a look MK S, it might open your eyes and perhaps understand why 18 million voters feel so strongly about things in this country.

It always make me laugh when people claim the BBC is biased since the left seem to think it gives too much coverage to right wing viewpoints whilst the right seem to think it gives too much coverage to left wing viewpoints, which is probably a sign the BBC is doing something right. It seems more like the BBC writes both left leaning and right leaning articles to represent a range of viewpoints (since it's meant to represent everyone), which seems like a much better thing than papers like The Daily Mail and The Guardian which frequently ignore the parts of the story that don't fit their agenda and so readers end up being unable to form their own opinions on a story.

Ok, this thread is now going way off topic. Please resist or take your debate to another thread. I'm asking nicely............

Ok, this thread is now going way off topic. Please resist or take your debate to another thread. I'm asking nicely............

Then why not delete the comment below mine? Don't discriminate if you are meant to be a moderator.

Then why not delete the comment below mine? Don't discriminate if you are meant to be a moderator.

Yeah, I'm really,really sorry I wasn't on here when it was posted, but it's all gone now, so back on topic now eh?

back on topic, Where should we start with our British values ? do we assume that Britishness commenced with the formation of The United Kingdom of Great Britain or was it earlier or later.
Are we referring to Bistoric values or modern values...
it strikes me that its just a cliche, used by anyone to discribe something they happen to be keen on which they feel that modern society is removing.
is It just Status Quo ?

back on topic, Where should we start with our British values ? do we assume that Britishness commenced with the formation of The United Kingdom of Great Britain or was it earlier or later.
Are we referring to Bistoric values or modern values...
it strikes me that its just a cliche, used by anyone to discribe something they happen to be keen on which they feel that modern society is removing.
is It just Status Quo ?
I think our notion of British values stems from WW2.

Before that the only real connection would be to the royal family and they are largely not British and millions disagree with the concept of monarchy. The British Empire is another possible focal point but I think many would not see that as something to highlight.

Democracy would be a rallying concept but we still have the House of Lords and again the monarchy which waters down that concept and the the government are currently fighting a case at the Supreme Court to say that the government can overrule Parliament. So - grey area.

So IMO that leads us to WW2 - fighting the Nazis protecting the world from the oppressor, housing refugees, pulling together. Fighting Fascism and racism.

But someone genuinely asked you if you hate white people because you pointed out that the Anglo-Saxons were immigrants and we have always had immigration before and since.

So where does that lead us?

No hope if they are all indoctrinated by the biased BBC. But I am sure you will feel so much better after you have put your candles out with your "je suis Berlin" banner, and have bought your Jo Cox tribute single.

If you really think the BBC is biased, I suggest you start watching C4 News.I do.It's much better.Very "UnBritish." :winking:

I think our notion of British values stems from WW2.

Before that the only real connection would be to the royal family and they are largely not British and millions disagree with the concept of monarchy. The British Empire is another possible focal point but I think many would not see that as something to highlight.

Democracy would be a rallying concept but we still have the House of Lords and again the monarchy which waters down that concept and the the government are currently fighting a case at the Supreme Court to say that the government can overrule Parliament. So - grey area.

So IMO that leads us to WW2 - fighting the Nazis protecting the world from the oppressor, housing refugees, pulling together. Fighting Fascism and racism.

But someone genuinely asked you if you hate white people because you pointed out that the Anglo-Saxons were immigrants and we have always had immigration before and since.

So where does that lead us?

***.....I was using tongue in cheek humour.......nothing sinister.

There is a difference between patriotism and nationalism.

It's a useful distinction, which some of you would do well to take on board.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/21/brexit-liberation-nation-european-union

"Nationalists do not have a monopoly on patriotism, but they always claim one".

"To make public servants vow to their country on threat of being moved out of a job is nationalism."

Folks this message of wisdom comes all the way from Spain.:duh:

Back