• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT - Season 7 Hopes and Expectations

MrB

Life President
We kick off on Sunday again with what should be an easy TIE for most of us. We've proven what a decent set of teams we have after beating a fed who had more teams starting in Season 1 than we did. Well done boys, let's do that again next season! Nice to know we have good back up teams too if we open it up to more teams.

So what are your hopes for the season?

For SZ we have to get promotion (while of course looking out for the results of our Vets team :D ). I reckon we must have one of the strongest bowling line ups in Level IV and while our batting is famously not as good as it should be, this should pull us through what has become an easier division than it used to be (unlike other Level IV's which seem to be getting harder and harder). My concern is that even if we do go up, our batting simply isn't good enough to compete in Level III and it's going to take a couple of seasons to get Cunnningham and Mcconnell up to speed to be our best batsmen as they undoubtedly will be. A couple of good sellable YP's would be nice to top up the coffers but we're lucky to be in a position that we don't have to buy anything this season and can sit back and laze about in a load of TIEs and hopefully reapt the benefit of a decent cup run. Player to watch? Well there's only one really, Sutherland will pop to Sensational midway through the season and at Level IV that's hard to compete with. None of my league opponents have really strong bowling line ups like mine so my wafer thin batting order should cope ok and let the bowlers reign supreme.

Prediction - League winners, if I don't then I lay myself open to YB's mocking (even if I did beat him a few weeks ago)

The Gunblades will have the best bowling ratings in IV - theirs is sensational.

After promotion last season to III, we'll be looking to consolidate and hopefully finish 4th. However, we're in a real tight league, and I could finish anywhere between 3rd and 8th. Hoping to do a couple of better sides tactically along the way, as that got me up last year. My first game is crucial - home to one of the weaker sides, and need a win desperately for a morale and points boost.

All YPs will be sold this season as there are a couple of older players that need their training finished before I can take on 17 year olds. They're 22, but 2 are close to remarkable and on one net I think they'll be wonderful by this time next season? Player to watch for my side is Alex Davenport, my best batsman, who was in great form in the BT20s. He bats number 3 and I'm hoping for big runs from him. I would've chosen all-rounder Granville, but his fitness struggles to get above lively for game time.

Prediction: 4th/5th, 4th with a bit of luck. I've got £2million in the bank to save up, which means next season I can hopefully get lucky with YPs and then still buy a ready-made player.

The Batty Shrimpers hope that their stay in Level IV lasts longer than the last time they reached this level. We could finish anywhere between 2nd and 7th. Batting should not be a problem, with Tselane halfway to Wonderful and Evelyn very close to Remarkable (and still on 2 nets), bowling could be a different matter. O'Connor seems to have found his niche opening the bowling, so hopefully he can knock over a few decent bats early on and give the rest of the bowling a chance. Lack of a decent 5th bowler could be a major problem, as at the moment Schoeman is taking that spot, but he's only Respectable / Mediocre, although he's being trained. I've had a result with my 1st YP going for 2.1m, so I'm now over 1.6 m for the 1st time, which is where I want to be, however I'm only over by about 1.2 m, so I don't have enough to go out and buy a decent bowler. I have 1 net available at the moment, although I'll gain another 1 when Schoeman reaches Superb Stamina in week 6, so unless tonight's YP is another corker, I'll be indulging in some Skill Trading. I've hopefully made a reasonable start, as I managed to pick up and 18yo Resp/Comp Bat with Med Stamina for 270k last night, and his wage is 1,176 so he should pop to Proficient Batting in 1 or 2 weeks, and then he should sell for about 1.2m. If can do that a couple of times in the 1st 6 or 7 weeks I can then purchase a decent bowler.

Player to watch - Carl Schoeman, 18yo a/r who scored a nice 50 in last weeks Friendly defeat against decent bowling attack.

Prediction - 5th or 6th, and hopefully I can win the play-off.

Coming into my first season, it's all about development. There are a couple of very poor-looking sides in the division though, so midtable might well be possible with a good fun of form and some sensible team orders. I've ended up with a glut of 17yo bats, and might be tempted to take the cash if i can get a couple of quick pops out of one of them. Otherwise the major prospect is Ashley Cairns, the slow left-armer I picked up last week. With intensive training, he could be a real force at this level relatively soon. But this year is basically a learning experience, hopefully picking up a few morale-boosting wins along the way.

Player to watch: Cairns, or Scott Rautenbatch, an attacking bat/wk who comes to Pettefershire with a promising record.

Prediction: 5th/6th

I finsihed a fantastic 3rd in 8th hardest league at level IV which was an over achievement. I am probably 5th best on ratings and BTR using players above 20k as a guide. So I am looking to consolidate again. 4th would be ideal avoiding a potenially disastrous playoff but I think 5th will be my lot this year. last year I think alot of teams underestimated me and I won the odd game on tactics. i think this year they'll won't e using TIE against me as much.

Player to watch Glenn Toulson. My Destructive Opening WK/Ba. Should hopefully be up to Qulaity in batting and Wk by the end of the season.

I'm predicting a much tougher season. In past seasons I've managed to win early and ride the momentum, but they've apparently made it harder to do that. My division is much tougher this season and my team is a year older and improving slower than other teams who took longer to figure out their training regimes - I've only one of my top 4 batsmen being trained for example. I also haven't enough money in the bank to sign anyone who will make a difference. My bowling attack however should remain competitive, and I bat a little deeper.

Nevertheless, I'm expecting to drop down into the pack this season. I'll try and get a cup run going, but I'll have a pretty high seed meaning I'll be stuck away from home unless I get to at least the quarter-finals.

Back