• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT - Week 8

MrB

Life President
Another week, another easy victory.....

End of Over 27: 194-1, runrate=7.19
Arber 7-0-61-0
Maymann* 52 (41 balls)
Longthorn 78 (89 balls)

Thought I'd give Firth a go at opener for once but he only made 47 so Longthorn and Maymann resume their usual partnership. Longthorn going for a 7th successive match unbeaten!

I had a tricky decision to make for this game. I'm playing last seasons Champions but thay are only 4th this year. I wasn't sure to whether to play normal to gaurantee the win or risk TIE as I have the Leaders next week. Which I have to GFI as it is basically the title decider.

I changed to TIE just before the start of the game and I'm:

End of Over 44: 250-0, runrate=5.68
Lovell 10-0-43-0
Vernon* 115 (145 balls)
Gower 133 (119 balls)

biggrin.gif

But.....I'm really worried that I may have GFI by mistake....
sad.gif

sad.gif

If so that's my season over....
ghostface.gif

ghostface.gif

Bowled them all out for 98.

Jackman 6,1,12,2
Thompson 9,5,8,3
Akram 10,6,9,0
Titterton 10,4,13,3
Tomlinson 7,2,30,2

Cruising wicketless at the moment!

cool.gif

End of my innings:

End of Over 50: 307-1, runrate=6.14
Spencer 10-0-56-0
Gower* 162 (137 balls)
Wise 26 (15 balls)

Opposition got 291-4, bowled out for 153. My batting's failed in the two biggest games of the season, that's me out for promotion now. Still, my league has 3-4 teams that can win consistently, so will hopefully be up soon.

FInally got them out:

And that's the end of the match. Old Chelmsfordians won by 103 runs.
Old Chelmsfordians 307-1
Surrey Sods 204-10

Judging how long it took my 3 spinners to get them out on a dusty wicket I did TIE.

Unfortunately my rivals got 410-2?!?!? And bowled their opposition out for 100. That means their NRR is now 7.5 better than mine.
So even if I beat them next week and I go level on points with them, I have to thrash every other team I play to get near them...
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Mar. 10 2006,13:42)]End of my innings:

End of Over 50: 307-1, runrate=6.14
Spencer 10-0-56-0
Gower* 162 (137 balls)
Wise 26 (15 balls)
What is Gower's consistency like
laugh.gif

Bowled opposition out for 73 and knocked off the runs in 8.2 overs.

10/03/2006 (OD League) at Lowe Lifes II
ShrimperZone CC 353-2
Lowe Lifes II 291-10

Looking at the ratings it seems my opponents GFI'd so pleased to keep it comfy with a TIE. A hattrick to finish the match from Laird too.

BTW, managed to outdo the ratings in the BDF cup again last week. Check out my opponents top order rating (a mere 5 levels above mine), we won the game with 3 balls remaining having been set a target of 352!:

ShrimperZone CC It's a table!
Top Order: superb sensational
Middle Order: competent competent
Lower Order: feeble abysmal
Seam Bowling: superb proficient
Spin Bowling: proficient strong
Fielding: competent mediocre

I think my good stamina is finally starting to have some benefit!

Back