• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT20 - Season 16

MrB

Life President
Going for promotion this season now that my squad is settling to a level where nets won't hinder fitness in the first XI too much. Should be a relatively easy start as all three of my opponents this week are bots! A couple of half decent sides in the division but shouldn't pose too many problems.

Need a big win to boost my sagging morale which is at pessimistic after 3 defeats and a draw in the league thus far. Three days of rest plus no cup match = GFI on Friday against former champions Barmy Batters.

i think i'm after a triple promotion this year (famous last words).

first BT20 game going to plan thus far, cracking stuff from Barnes.

End of Over 19: 106-10, runrate=5.58
Barnes 3-0-20-6
Hunt-seviour* 0 (5 balls)

they were a bot but opened with this guy]
lex is a cautious LH Batsman, and a cautious LF Bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and elite experience.

He currently has worthless batting form, worthless bowling form and fresh fitness.
Plays For: Victory Union Eleven
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 373,926
Wages: £220,278 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

posted 80-odd of 50 balls. I still won though.

Took my reserves the full 20 overs to bowl out the bot for 75, a bit naff considering there's two superbs and a strong in there. Knocked off with no wickets lost though.

Naps, new bots keep their old players who are set to fresh fitness and worthless form until the general reset occurs.

Won by 120 runs, and am playing again tonight. Giving it a go at the moment unless PFL starts to look dodgy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB won by 8 wickets.

Comfortable 9 wicket victory today against Manc XI. Bowling first we skittled them for 76 (career best in all formats from Brook 6-14). We made 80 in 8.5 overs, Bob Birkett hitting 42 off only 16 balls.

Two wins, +20 NRR. Only downside was that I didn't realise we were playing overnight and whilst I did set my line up in advance, Whitmarsh sold yesterday meaning Barrowdale stepped into the line up. Not too much harm done though!

£2m for Whitmarsh, a nice £1m profit for one level of training.

Hey all,

Im back!!

The season hasn't been a success so far and not having had the net for 2 weeks hasn't helped my teams start to the season. I drew my Week 1 FC game and given another 20 overs - i'd have chased down the target easily enough but i didnt take the 20 wickets quick enough in the game. I lost my Week 1 OD game to Bobby's Gentle Touch after he set me 306 to win and i stumbled to 245. I then lost to Keep Licking That Cricketing Elbow in Week 2 of the FC league by an innings and 44 runs after being bowled out for 50 odd in the first innings! I then again lost my Week 2 OD game after falling 20 runs short of chasing 273!

However, good news is that i have finally WON a game, nah two! I beat Seaside Specials and Goochies Googlies but have the Mighty White Rose tomorrow, which could be slightly trickier but with everyone at sublime (bar Waterhouse and Deane - energetic!) i'll have a full strength team out.

Sookram hasn't really performed yet and when he doesn't, we are pretty screwed!

Got EGV this week in my OD league (joy!) but do have a BOT next week in my FC game so i'll be at full strength on Friday and GFI'ing!

Kev

The season hasn't been a success so far
Kev

Kev,

If it makes you feel any better i haven't won or drawn a single league game in any format this season.

In this weeks three BT20 games i got absolutely gubbed! I'm quite glad i didn't go and waste my money on one new player as i think it would have been a waste.

I'm looking at relegation in all three formats so am going to spend the season consolidating, getting money in the bank, keep training my yoofs so i can have a good go at promotion next season. In two seasons time i envisage having a much stronger squad to compete at this level.

Dave

Somehow managed to lose by 9 wickets last night after Evelyn and Polly scored 4 between them.

Reporter's Summary Australian Wannabees BATTY SHRIMPERS
Top Order: sensational elite
Middle Order: proficient wonderful
Lower Order: woeful abysmal
Seam Bowling: remarkable sensational
Spin Bowling: exceptional miraculous
Fielding: mediocre feeble

Back