• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Building Work on the Roots Hall Site

It does make you wonder why the sudden speed to develop it has only happened since the consortium have come in and there is mention of the fanzone being very close to it and the ground now staying put.

It does make you wonder why the sudden speed to develop it has only happened since the consortium have come in and there is mention of the fanzone being very close to it.
I guess that they were hanging on to combine the build with the Roots hall development , or sell it on at a profit if the site became more valuable , then when it came out 3 months back that that wasn't going to happen they borrowed the money to start doing it them selves.
Whatever the reason they have been quicker in starting than anything the Rat did

If the club were looking for revenue stream, they could have done a lot worse than building 18 rental properties.

Even 18 1 bed flats would have netted the club/consortium 200k per year - tax.

If the club were looking for revenue stream, they could have done a lot worse than building 18 rental properties.

Very true. Wonder if they ever looked at that.

I guess that they were hanging on to combine the build with the Roots hall development , or sell it on at a profit if the site became more valuable , then when it came out 3 months back that that wasn't going to happen they borrowed the money to start doing it them selves.
Whatever the reason they have been quicker in starting than anything the Rat did
This is bang on

It only applies when we were moving to FF. Absolutely not if it’s going to cause massive problems with now staying at and developing RH (which I’m 100% in favour for). Especially the East Stand (which is at the heart of the operation). I trust the consortium but fear this is simply out of their hands. I found this to be shocking news and surprised the thread isn’t more popular.

Props to @Westcliff Shrimper for the exclusive

Last edited:
The way Justin was talking about the car park being too big makes me think that he might be looking to develop some of it at some time in the future. He also more than once has said Southend needs more housing.

The way Justin was talking about the car park being too big makes me think that he might be looking to develop some of it at some time in the future. He also more than once has said Southend needs more housing.
If Ron builds Fossetts farm, Southend gets its housing, we get our £20m. Everyones a winner (except those that have to live in a house built by Ron)

Back