• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Burton Albion boss Gary Rowett: My full strength side will be enough to see off South

Evening Echo

The News
BURTON Albion boss Gary Rowett is confident his full strength side will have more than enough to see off Southend United in the play-offs.

More...

What an arrogant **** this bloke really is!
I always hate listening to his post match interviews on the FL show
We beat your full strength team away earlier this season sk what crap you on about!!?:finger2:

Last edited by a moderator:
let him get on with it, the mind games always come out and will continue all week, don't worry about it and what will be will be

he mentioned how he made 5 changes. that's five changes from the team which lost to Chesterfield 2-0, the team we beat 3-0 in January. He's also forgetting that we beat them earlier in the season. He is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum to Mourinho, yet still a ****!

What a tool. His comments don't really have much logic. We have already beaten his 'full-strength' team this season and in the previous game last week his 'full-strength' team lost to Chesterfield. Im sure if Burton had won yesterday he would be saying how glad he is to be at home second leg. Moreover, they have not won way since the start of March so Im not sure how he can say his team are well suited to playing away from home. Browny just needs to remind the players of Rowetts comments before both games.

His side have got more chance of getting one off the Pope, sorry your Holiness.

I hope Gary Rowlett is not suggesting that his team threw the game on Saturday so that they played the second leg away. Maybe FL should investigate because throwing games could suffer some severe consequences.

Us doing the double over them means very little, just like it didn't against Crewe. Although unlikeable, Rowett is a very good manager. Getting Burton into the play offs for the past two seasons, especially after losing Maghoma and Zola for this season is a creditable achievement. Personally, I have disliked Rowett since his Cambridge days, he did score a good goal at Roots Hall I remember though

Who is he trying to convince?

A: Himself.
B: His players.
C: His fans who turned up in numbers on Saturday.......not!

Don't forget they had a player sent off in the away game earlier in the season and we won with a last minute goal. This isn't going to be as easy as we are thinking.

To be fair he doesn't seem to have actually said anything like what is in the headline. At least not that is reported in the article.

So he thinks it will work in their favour putting pressure on us at RH? Pfft, does he not know that's when we play our best football?!

I can't wait for him to choke so hard on his words that his eyeball pops out. What a ****

Back