• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bury making an advance for Worrall

You can tell Brown is a little peeved about the whole thing with these comments:

But Brown insists he will only accept a deal if Shakers star Danny Mayor moves in the opposite direction.

“There’s been no actual bid from Bury as far as I’m aware but they are certainly interested in David Worrall,” confirmed Brown.

“I spoke to David Flitcroft who was enquiring about Dave so at the same time I enquired about a swap deal for Danny Mayor.

“I knew Danny had been here before and thought he might be interested in coming a club higher up the table who hope to be in the Championship next season."

:smile: Tongue-in-cheek surely. Mayor is rated around £500k these days.... :smile:

Sounds like Brown wants to hold onto Worrall and rightly so, would be a big loss, he can still turn a game even when not on top form.

Bury are massively underachieving with the players they have. Flitcroft always exclaims how good Bury are but look at their position. Goes to show as well that having a top goal scorer (Clarke) isn't everything.

Bury are massively underachieving with the players they have. Flitcroft always exclaims how good Bury are but look at their position. Goes to show as well that having a top goal scorer (Clarke) isn't everything.

You mean the magic 25 goal a season striker does not promise success? Strange.

It also appears that our old mates HMRC have been busy at Bury's expense:

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2461937

Presumably they have a Chairman that is a bit wiggly who will sort it at the last moment. That sounds a bit familiar. Otherwise it's hard to see how Bury can get new boys in, including Worrall.

I personally expect the interest from Bury to die down now they have Chris Eagles, who was on trial at from Coventry from what I can make out (according to the CCFC forum)

Interesting first post from David Worrall's agent/mum on the squad contracts thread...

Worrall was never offered a contract they talked about one but phil brown lied and said he turned down 2 contract offers i have been chatting with worrall telling him to stay but they won't offer anything so don't believe what the gaff says in the echo!!

Interesting first post from David Worrall's agent/mum on the squad contracts thread...

Worrall was never offered a contract they talked about one but phil brown lied and said he turned down 2 contract offers i have been chatting with worrall telling him to stay but they won't offer anything so don't believe what the gaff says in the echo!!

So, has that little gem been planted by Worrall, or as you say, his agent/mum? Or is it a bit of mischief by someone with nothing better to do.

I don't think any of us want to lose Worrall but the decision may note be entirely football related, so if he has to go so be it. If any player's heart isn't in it for whatever reason, time to move them on. Danny Mayor is an ambitious shout for PB, but I like the tongue in cheek.

Mr Brown is on the wind up here surely, I cannot believe that Mayor is his cup of tea - I remember him when he was here before and I thought at the time that he was the most lightweight player ever, totally shy of making any kind of challenge and getting stuck in, not what Mr Brown seems to like at all.

Mr Brown is on the wind up here surely, I cannot believe that Mayor is his cup of tea - I remember him when he was here before and I thought at the time that he was the most lightweight player ever, totally shy of making any kind of challenge and getting stuck in, not what Mr Brown seems to like at all.

you're normally pretty quick on the uptake, I think you will find that PB is doing some tongue in cheek dialogue in his interview.

You can tell Brown is a little peeved about the whole thing with these comments:

But Brown insists he will only accept a deal if Shakers star Danny Mayor moves in the opposite direction.

“There’s been no actual bid from Bury as far as I’m aware but they are certainly interested in David Worrall,” confirmed Brown.

“I spoke to David Flitcroft who was enquiring about Dave so at the same time I enquired about a swap deal for Danny Mayor.

“I knew Danny had been here before and thought he might be interested in coming a club higher up the table who hope to be in the Championship next season."

:smile: Tongue-in-cheek surely. Mayor is rated around £500k these days.... :smile:

No idea how he is worth 500k- JW had him well and truly in his pocket

Back