• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Somerset Ex-TTB

Members
A bit early, but after last nights debacle, I think there are a few things to discuss.

Couple of weeks ago I was going to this game, and really looking forward to it as I was up in Manchester for the weekend, but due to a change in plans I now can't go, and quite frankly I am relieved.

Which SUFC will turn up? The Rochdale/Scunthorpe/Northampton/Stevenage one or the Bradford/MK Dons one?

Any news on the injuries to Ranger/Ferdinand/Cox/Oxley (if it really was an injury to Cox)

Who will replace Wordsworth? Is Timlin fit? Will Williams get a hatrick?

I think if we are forced to play Smith in goal, Barrett at Centre Back, Williams up front and a un match fit Timlin in midfield I can't see anything other than a heavy defeat and a return to the Brown out campaign.

Crickey, where to start? If I believe the snippets of information that SZ insiders have already offered up, then Cox, Fortune and Oxley will be fit. Ranger won't be ready and my jury is out on Ferdinand. Timlin probably isn't ready for 90 minutes but, again, I think he will get game time. That just leaves Wordsworth and Williams from your list. Again the insiders say that Wordy is suspended and Williams may get on the bench but not on the pitch.

I reckon that the starting line-up will be:

Oxley
White Thompson Ferdinand Coker
Atkinson Leonard Timlin McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

This 11 is probably the strongest we can field at the moment.

Yep, that's the starting XI for me, too, although Timlin could be replaced by either McGlashan or O'Neill, if PB thinks Timlin Isn't fit enough to start.

Well, Suffolk Shrimpers are going - a weekender staying in the glam capital that is Huddersfield to see No. 2 son at his Uni and get a much needed food parcel to him two months in to his term.

Buy them all 'Roots To The 92' Mr Brown - that will surely motivate them to thrash Bury and let me lay the ghost of Benji to bed:smile:

So who's going to Bury? Undecided at the moment. Visiting daughter at Nottingham uni. Should I drop wife off to shop with daughter and then drive for a couple of hours to Bury or spend Saturday afternoon in the pubs by the Castle on SZ?

So who's going to Bury? Undecided at the moment. Visiting daughter at Nottingham uni. Should I drop wife off to shop with daughter and then drive for a couple of hours to Bury or spend Saturday afternoon in the pubs by the Castle on SZ?
Ps I've done Bury before but sadly not when Benji put the ball in the ....

Well, Suffolk Shrimpers are going - a weekender staying in the glam capital that is Huddersfield to see No. 2 son at his Uni and get a much needed food parcel to him two months in to his term.

Buy them all 'Roots To The 92' Mr Brown - that will surely motivate them to thrash Bury and let me lay the ghost of Benji to bed:smile:

Treat the lad to a couple of beers at the Magic Rock Tap in Huddersfield in the evening and you won't care how bad the footie was in the afternoon - if we've managed to win then so much the better!

McGlashan in for Wordsworth and a more orthodox 4-4-2 with proper wingers both sides.

Crickey, where to start? If I believe the snippets of information that SZ insiders have already offered up, then Cox, Fortune and Oxley will be fit. Ranger won't be ready and my jury is out on Ferdinand. Timlin probably isn't ready for 90 minutes but, again, I think he will get game time. That just leaves Wordsworth and Williams from your list. Again the insiders say that Wordy is suspended and Williams may get on the bench but not on the pitch.

I reckon that the starting line-up will be:

Oxley
White Thompson Ferdinand Coker
Atkinson Leonard Timlin McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

This 11 is probably the strongest we can field at the moment.

Why is the jury out. Ferdinand for me has looked a cut above the rest at the back when he has played. Great positioning and reading of the game.

His passing range is very good and it's no coincidence that since he came into the team that results have been much improved.

Why is the jury out. Ferdinand for me has looked a cut above the rest at the back when he has played. Great positioning and reading of the game.

His passing range is very good and it's no coincidence that since he came into the team that results have been much improved.

I wasn't meaning his ability Tommy, I was referring to his injury and whether he will be fit in time.

Bury come into this game on a run of 9 games without a win including 6 straight league defeats (which followed 5 straight league wins). Most of the defeats were against sides who had beaten us.

We have lost only once with Ferdinand, Ranger's 4 starts have given 3 wins and a draw and Wordsworth of course has his 5 goals. Without any of those three we have managed just one win all season (Millwall).

So without those three, the expectations for tomorrow can't be great either entertainment or result wise! We live in hope though.

My first away game of the season - I'll be driving up any ideas where is best to park ?

Bloody hell just when we were getting on a little run. We will do really well to get anything from this game.

Not just us with the injury crisis ;

Anthony Kay is banned for Bury when they host Southend.
The veteran defender picked up his fifth booking of the season in the Shakers' 3-2 defeat at Northampton last month.
Kean Bryan is out with a ruptured thigh and is likely to be sidelined for several weeks and Leon Barnett (knee), Ishmael Miller (hamstring) and Chris Brown (knee) continue to struggle.
Nathan Cameron (knee), Kelvin Etuhu (fibula), Tom Pope (punctured lung/ribs) and Craig Jones (thigh) are long-term absentees.

Not just us with the injury crisis ;

Anthony Kay is banned for Bury when they host Southend.
The veteran defender picked up his fifth booking of the season in the Shakers' 3-2 defeat at Northampton last month.
Kean Bryan is out with a ruptured thigh and is likely to be sidelined for several weeks and Leon Barnett (knee), Ishmael Miller (hamstring) and Chris Brown (knee) continue to struggle.
Nathan Cameron (knee), Kelvin Etuhu (fibula), Tom Pope (punctured lung/ribs) and Craig Jones (thigh) are long-term absentees.

Looks like two Checkatrade trophy selections will be turning out tomorrow then.

Back