• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Buying a New TV

WickfordShrimper

President
Help

I am thinking of buying a new t.v 2moro

SAMSUNG ARE %$%$ so I am told !!! by at least 4 people

I have seen a 40" Sony LCD for £700 with HD & Freeview which I am thinking of getting

I have also been told that Plasmas are NOT good

Advise wld be appreciated

One Team in Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED

Plasmas aren't ****e if you watch TV and movies and will not be playing consoles on them. If you have a 360 or a PS3 then you will need to consider an LCD.

Samsung make the panels that Sony use in their TVs so they aren't that bad infact I have a Samsung 40" and more than happy with it. Blu-ray looks awesome!!!

check out the hdtvtest website for reviews on the TVs that are worth getting. http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/

Avoid Grundig like the plague. Matsui are usually a good, chepa, reliable make if you're on a budget. Make sure that the TV is digital and HD ready (if you want it to be of any use in three years time).

A friend of mine who knows everything there is to know about home entertainment systems (and then some) suggested the Panasonic Viera. Mind you, he is an Arsenal fan!

The most important thing is to make sure that whatever you buy has at least two scart sockets (for now) and at least two HDMI sockets (for the future).

However, one thing this friend of mine always says, is if you personally can't see of hear the difference then don't spend the extra money on it.

Back