• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

By the end of the Week

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I'm sure after the Chelmsford game someone posted on here that Ron had told them that we will have signed a couple of new players by the end of the week.

If that is the case we are running out of time.

Anyone heard anything?

Only that Tilson wants to add 4 more to the squad, including 2 strikers. Obvious interest in Jozic, maybe Wright as he is still on trial. No other names, I know that it is 6 weeks to the end of August, but only 2 until the season starts, so time is slipping away.

Nice to have all of them in place before the Port Vale game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 21 2005,09:55)]Only that Tilson wants to add 4 more to the squad, including 2 strikers. Obvious interest in Jozic, maybe Wright as he is still on trial. No other names, I know that it is 6 weeks to the end of August, but only 2 until the season starts, so time is slipping away.

Nice to have all of them in place before the Port Vale game.
We definately need another striker by the Port Vale game. All it needs is an inury to Grey or Eastwood and we're in trouble.

Not only that, if things aren't working out up front on the pitch Tilly is severely hampered in what he can do to shake things up.

I know we still have today and tomorrow for Ron to have been correct, but whilst I hear nothing from the club I do start to worry.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ July 21 2005,10:17)]
All it needs is an inury to Grey or Eastwood and we're in trouble.
That's my biggest concern right now - I really hope we've got someone in by August 6th.

Worst comes to worst Im sure Tilly will get some one on loan from the Premier$hite for a month or two.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SuperShrimper @ July 21 2005,10:48)]Worst comes to worst Im sure Tilly will get some one on loan from the Premier$hite for a month or two.
Thats not a worst option by any means

tilly might have to do a newman and play himself up front!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ July 21 2005,14:26)]tilly might have to do a newman and play himself up front!!
I think hed pick Lawson over himself
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ July 21 2005,09:26)]I'm sure after the Chelmsford game someone posted on here that Ron had told them that we will have signed a couple of new players by the end of the week.

If that is the case we are running out of time.

Anyone heard anything?
It was after the parade, so last sunday. I assume he means 2 new players on board by the following sunday, so including today, that gives us 4 more days yet. Lets just claim down at the moment.

Yes we need a new forward, and desperately, what with only Wayne and Freddy contracted to the Club in that position. Lawson could do a job upfront if required I'm sure. His a little on the lightweight side but looked very promising Vs Millwall and will hopefully get another run out on saturday.

No doubt Tilly, Brush and Martin are working tirelessly to bring in the required players that would improve the squad, they aren't going to bring in someone for the sake of it. Transfers aren't as simple as they are on Football Manager and Champ Man believe it or not. We need to be a little more patient and relax and enjoy the summer. C'mon we've just bowled the Aussies out for 190 in the first ashes test.

Someone said Ron was on holiday now... that'll delay things a bit wont it?

IIRC it was quoted on the other thread re: Jozic as a reason why Tilly said 'nothing will happen in the next few days"...

In which case, chuff all will happen by the end of the week

oops.gif
down.gif

Whether this is welcome or not as I can't name a name but, with things so slow I'll carry on anyway! As I have mentioned before, I do have an occasional 'source'. Not some bloke who's a friend of friend or someone who met Ron Martin once, but someone who's pretty important. I can't name the player, but I might be able to find out in a few days for what it's worth.

Anyway, one of the 2 signings that were 'practically complete' and should've signed this week fell through on Monday. The player is based up North and has been for a little while. Clearly he's not the brightest and this is 100% true, believe me, he didn't realise how far Southend is from his home so he pulled out at the last minute. He'd agreed terms and everything, all he had to do was sign on the dotted line, which was all arranged for Monday, but after a little light bulb went off in his head he turned us down. I don't know anything about the other deal that Martin was confident on though.

Oh, and we're still trying to sort the Dudfield situation out by continuing talks. Can't see why myself, but we are.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ July 21 2005,18:50)]I can't name the player, but I might be able to find out in a few days for what it's worth.
That quote from my previous post should answer that.
wink.gif
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Anyway, one of the 2 signings that were 'practically complete' and should've signed this week fell through on Monday. The player is based up North and has been for a little while. Clearly he's not the brightest and this is 100% true, believe me, he didn't realise how far Southend is from his home so he pulled out at the last minute. He'd agreed terms and everything, all he had to do was sign on the dotted line, which was all arranged for Monday, but after a little light bulb went off in his head he turned us down. I don't know anything about the other deal that Martin was confident on though.

Jeez, and people say footballers are the brightest
tounge.gif

Seriously though, thats a massive kick in the teeth. We really aren't having the best of luck in the transfer market this summer are we, with the exception of the signing of Mitchell Cole.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ July 21 2005,19:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ July 21 2005,18:50)]I can't name the player, but I might be able to find out in a few days for what it's worth.
That quote from my previous post should answer that.  
wink.gif

oops.gif
I'd like to find out who that was....

I bet Tilly has had enough of this closed season! He's probably tearing his hair out! We're all on here giving it the big moaning minny when he's busting his balls to bring in players, only to be thwarted at the final hurdle... sometimes for good reasons, sometimes becuase the target in question has all the intelligence of a lemming with learning difficulties

mad.gif

Will the identity of the player ever be revealed?

I know what you mean SS. I have no doubt in my mind that Ron Martin, Steve Tilson and Paul Brush have been working all the hours god sends trying to bring players into this Club that will improve the squad yet people on here still have a pop at the lack of transfer activity, thats why I, and others, have been telling people to be patient, its not going to happen over night, a lot of work is involved in a transfer.

Even though Ron Martin is on his holidays, apparently, I bet his been on the phone to potential targets, agents and the management duo.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ July 21 2005,18:50)]Whether this is welcome or not as I can't name a name but, with things so slow I'll carry on anyway! As I have mentioned before, I do have an occasional 'source'. Not some bloke who's a friend of friend or someone who met Ron Martin once, but someone who's pretty important. I can't name the player, but I might be able to find out in a few days for what it's worth.

Anyway, one of the 2 signings that were 'practically complete' and should've signed this week fell through on Monday. The player is based up North and has been for a little while. Clearly he's not the brightest and this is 100% true, believe me, he didn't realise how far Southend is from his home so he pulled out at the last minute. He'd agreed terms and everything, all he had to do was sign on the dotted line, which was all arranged for Monday, but after a little light bulb went off in his head he turned us down. I don't know anything about the other deal that Martin was confident on though.

Oh, and we're still trying to sort the Dudfield situation out by continuing talks. Can't see why myself, but we are.
Would this player be Michael Bridges who has just signed for Bristol City?

Back