• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bye bye Blair

Wessex Blue

Manager
Anyone got any predictions on how long it will be before Blair finally leaves Downing Street?

Seven junior ministers have now resigned today. I reckon he'll be lucky to last to the end of next week. Any other predictions?

It annoyed me that he opted to stay on in an indefinite capacity anyway. What is there to motivate a politician who doesn't have to be re-elected? Annoyingly, he hasn't even used this time to get his knackers out and make some bold, maybe unpopular, but potentially brilliant decisions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Sep. 06 2006,14:36)]Anyone got any predictions on how long it will be before Blair finally leaves Downing Street?

Seven junior ministers have now resigned today. I reckon he'll be lucky to last to the end of next week. Any other predictions?
Blimey...! The revolt is in full pelt.

I'll be amazed if he makes it beyond the Conference. The whole Blair "farewell tour" was a big bloody mistake, and the final reminder that he's clearly forgotten that he's there to serve us, not us to kowtow before him.

He's morally and politically bankrupt now, and will be gone very soon indeed. End of the month by the latest and probably far sooner than that. Expect tearful pics of Thatcher to be shown regularly on our screens...

Matt

I hated him from the moment that he dispensed with Clause 4.

He's a morally bankrupt, shyster with so much blood on his hands that it's a wonder he can hold a pen to sign his resignation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 06 2006,15:13)]I hated him from the moment that he dispensed with Clause 4.

He's a morally bankrupt, shyster with so much blood on his hands that it's a wonder he can hold a pen to sign his resignation.
Tsk, never had you down as someone who sat on the fence, slipperduke...

suspect.gif
upside.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 06 2006,15:08)]The whole Blair "farewell tour" was a big bloody mistake, and the final reminder that he's clearly forgotten that he's there to serve us, not us to kowtow before him.

He's morally and politically bankrupt now, and will be gone very soon indeed.  End of the month by the latest and probably far sooner than that.  Expect tearful pics of Thatcher to be shown regularly on our screens...

Matt
What was that crazy idea of a farewell tour all about anyway. Clearly his advisors are delusional if they thought that the public would prostrate themselves at Tony's feet and all hail his monumental achievements (not sure what they are / were myself)

His ego must be collosal if he could contemplate such an embarrasing exercise in spin. Reminds me a lot of Lord Farquar in Shrek. If he had another 5 years I'm sure he be plonking statues of himself all over the nation ijn the Saddam Hussein stylee.

For example

Blair with a turban on and an M16 in hand liberating the Afghans, Blair with a cheque in his hands giving our tax payers money to the EU. Blair holding a door open so that any Tom Dick or Harry can come to live in the UK.

The possibilities are endless for commerative statues.

Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr. Benedict @ Sep. 06 2006,14:46)]He's a stubborn *******, I reckon he'll hang in there for a few months yet.
Unfortunately, I think you might be right there...
sad.gif

Sooner he goes the better.

Let him built all the statues he likes then sit back and watch the rush for second hand Chieftains to pull the damn things down with.........I'll be first in the queue.

Knowing how much of a self righteous little worm the man is I expect him to still be clinging on to what's left of his position in a months time....if not longer.:angry:

blair is the best thing that's happened to this country in a long time..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Sep. 06 2006,16:48)]CSJ you are one confused little boy...

laugh.gif
i've seen the light! my friend
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Sep. 06 2006,15:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr. Benedict @ Sep. 06 2006,14:46)]He's a stubborn *******, I reckon he'll hang in there for a few months yet.
Unfortunately, I think you might be right there...  
sad.gif

Sooner he goes the better.
Sad to say I fear you will be proved right. Bliar has an incredible capacity for survival, and looking after his own back.

IMO he is absolutely barking mad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 06 2006,19:27)]Would anyone care to compile a list of Tony B Liar's positive achievements since taking office ?
1. Replacing the shambolic, morally bankrupt Major government in 1997.

2. Err...

3. ...that's it.

Oo.gif

(Our friends north and west of certain borders may argue that devolution was a good thing, but it's had no impact on my life.)

Back