• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cambridge Away, Easter Monday...

blue sky

First XI
1. Is it 3.00pm k.o. ?
2. Is it all ticket for Blues fans?
3. If not, how many does their away end hold? we're bound to bring a big contingent.

Hope someone can help....
Thanks.

1. yes so far
2. Been looking on there site and it says it not a all ticket.
3. South stand holds about 1,200, then we get a little bit on the side 300?

I can see us taking 1500+ to the game. Can we buy tickets in advance to be sure?

Tickets are on sale prior to the game and I will put the info on the OS tomorrow. Didn't want it to get lost with everything that has gone on with the LDV etc...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 13 2005,21:01)]debateable where to go Terrace? is the stand behind the goal still a mile back from the pitch!
I think they've moved the picth back so the away stand's now nearer the pitch.

Personally I'll be going for the terrace - better view along the side (and also cheaper).

I spoke to a friend of mine at work, who is a Cambridge fan about this game and he also said the South Stand holds around 1600 and if need be we could have half of the terrace on the side giving us a max allocation of around 2500..

He also said that nobody has taken more than about 1300 to the Abbey this year so it looks like we will have the biggest turnout there this season!.

As long as we keep this run going theres no reason why we cant take 2000 up there in my opinion, we have regularly taken 1300-1400 up there the past few seasons when we have been challenging for feck all...

Also, we could almost be assured of a play-off spot by then if we win our next couple so that will add to the excitement a little.

Really looking forward to this one, always like the short trip up there, lets hope its a succesful one with a couple of thousand blues celebrating a win and at least a play-off birth!..

Bring it on!.

biggrin.gif

Normally would go for terrace but there's such a great view from the stand and can generate a superb atmosphere as well ...

so are the tickets available from the main ticket office at roots hall now then?

how much do the cost for an adult in the south stand?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 13 2005,21:42)]we have regularly taken 1300-1400 up there the past few seasons when we have been challenging for feck all...
2003/04- 931 Southend Fans
2002/03- 1,012 Southend Fans

You're estimates were a bit over the top, i didn't think we took that many before!

Yeah, spot on Kev. It is a good atmosphere there.

Tickets are un-reserved Mr Flack and I do believe they are £16 or £16.50, will check today though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Shrimper @ Mar. 14 2005,07:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 13 2005,21:42)]we have regularly taken 1300-1400 up there the past few seasons when we have been challenging for feck all...
2003/04- 931 Southend Fans
2002/03- 1,012 Southend Fans

You're estimates were a bit over the top, i didn't think we took that many before!
Hmmm, if they are the official figures of our support, then either the South Stand doesnt hold 1500 odd or i need to go to Specsavers...

Havent seen too many seats free in that stand over the last couple of seasons, certainly not 5-600...

Hmmmm...

down.gif
rock.gif
glare.gif

Two seasons ago on Boxing day the South Stand was packed to see Markey Rawle grab a point for us. 931 fans is rubbish. The statistics must be wrong cause there was no where near 600 spare seats.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Mar. 14 2005,11:11)]Two seasons ago on Boxing day the South Stand was packed to see Markey Rawle grab a point for us.  931 fans is rubbish.  The statistics must be wrong cause there was no where near 600 spare seats.
Titus and family were there to watch Tes too I seem to remember!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Mar. 14 2005,11:11)]Two seasons ago on Boxing day the South Stand was packed to see Markey Rawle grab a point for us.  931 fans is rubbish.  The statistics must be wrong cause there was no where near 600 spare seats.
Exactly my point Olvis, no way in the world has there been more than a couple of hundred empty seats in the past few seasons..

Controversial!!..

oops.gif

[b said:
Er, yes there was. Both years I sat pretty much on my lonesome in the end block nearest the main stand. Add in plenty of odd empty seats (which you invariably get when seating's unreserved) in the other blocks and you easily get 400 empty seats in a stand which holds 1,400.

Back