• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cambridge Photos~

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Mar. 28 2005,21:02)]I'm immediately to the right of the policeman second from the left in the black trousers and black sleeves, in the home shirt. My brothers to the right of me in a white shirt.

Did anyone notice that one of the cops looked like John Cleese?
laugh.gif
You must have been right behind me going on that pic!!!

Up the Blues!

These pics are great!

UP THE BLUES!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 28 2005,20:30)]The pointless long balls were all down to Maher ...
TFS and myself thought that Maher and certain other players were trying too hard to get Eastwood on the scoresheet for the record. A number of times they could have chosen a simpler option but instead went for the ball to Freddy. Not a great tactic but when your 2-0 up i guess they thought 'why not'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 28 2005,23:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 28 2005,20:30)]The pointless long balls were all down to Maher ...
TFS and myself thought that Maher and certain other players were trying too hard to get Eastwood on the scoresheet for the record. A number of times they could have chosen a simpler option but instead went for the ball to Freddy. Not a great tactic but when your 2-0 up i guess they thought 'why not'
That sounds like a good display of teamwork that it so obvious this season; try to give a team-mate a golden opportunity to equal a club record just a few months after arriving. I'm pretty sure our success this season is down to this camaredarie sweeping through the squad. Tilson & Brush also seem to be getting rid of those players who might threaten that gelling process.

This is something one or two could learn from ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 28 2005,22:32)]
[b said:
Now you mention it, it was getting very direct to Eastwood at times. Shame he missed that one-on-one but it looked like a scorching effort and a very good save.

What the hell is that thing meant to be, with the massive horns?!

BTW, great pics, Artful
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 28 2005,22:36)]That sounds like a good display of teamwork that it so obvious this season; try to give a team-mate a golden opportunity to equal a club record just a few months after arriving.
I agree about it being a good show of the team spirit. However it was not meant to be critical per se that they were doing this. I just feel that whenever it appears obvious what you are doing the odds of it happening shorten.

If we could see what was happening I am sure the Cambridge players could.

Anyway it was not a grumble about the style just a reason to explain the long balls coming from Maher.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 28 2005,23:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 28 2005,22:36)]That sounds like a good display of teamwork that it so obvious this season; try to give a team-mate a golden opportunity to equal a club record just a few months after arriving.
I agree about it being a good show of the team spirit. However it  was not meant to be critical per se that they were doing this. I just feel that whenever it appears obvious what you are doing the odds of it happening shorten.

If we could see what was happening I am sure the Cambridge players could.

Anyway it was not a grumble about the style just a reason to explain the long balls coming from Maher.
Sorry, BC, my post wasn't meant to "diss" you ~ I knew you weren't being critical of Maher. Like you say, I'm sure the Shabbey Boys worked it out pretty quickly but you can't blame the lads for trying to give Eastwood even a glimmer of a chance, can you?

WS

wink.gif

Artful, fantastic photos. Just have to ask what camera you have. Absolutely brilliant.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 29 2005,08:56)]Artful, fantastic photos. Just have to ask what camera you have. Absolutely brilliant.
Its a Fuji S5000 which is now superseeded by the S5500 which has an extra Mega pixel effective, I bought it from here.
Exceelent sports modes, fast shutter and the burst facilty means i'm bound to get one decent shot in every...ermmm 10

I love all this 'im the fourth bloke in a blue shirt next to the third steward by the tea bar, and Ive got my hands in the air' bloody hell who gives a f**k, how old are you lot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ Mar. 29 2005,13:07)]I love all this 'im the fourth bloke in a blue shirt next to the third steward by the tea bar, and Ive got my hands in the air' bloody hell who gives a f**k, how old are you lot
I take it I didn't manage to get a shot of you then?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Mar. 29 2005,13:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ Mar. 29 2005,13:07)]I love all this 'im the fourth bloke in a blue shirt next to the third steward by the tea bar, and Ive got my hands in the air' bloody hell who gives a f**k, how old are you lot
I take it I didn't manage to get a shot of you then?  
biggrin.gif
good work fella

[b said:
Not really bothered mate. We're going up and that means I'll be as childish as I like!

has anybody got a pic of the seated end from yesterday. Great pics Artful, but it would be brilliant to see what it looked like behind the goal!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ Mar. 29 2005,13:21)]has anybody got a pic of the seated end from yesterday.  Great pics Artful, but it would be brilliant to see what it looked like behind the goal!
yeah, there was definately some bloke with a cam there if anyones got any e-mail to me artfulshrimper@hotmail.com and i'll upload them here,
if the echo had any nouce they'd have gone over to the opposing corner flag and took a good mob shot ala, millenium stadium, would be a fantastic picture, and would sell well too.

I've still got the sound of the bongo drum beating in my head from sitting 2 seats from the guy playing it! Surprising how loud that little thing can go but added to the atmosphere. Stevie Tilsons Barmy Army!!

Back