• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Playoff Place.... not a strong Division 1 IMHO .... Easy 6 points of the farmhands for a start on the table

Thank god we got promotion from Division two ..... next season its going to be a tougher league than division one

One team in ESSEX

No way. I'd be happy with a boring uneventful season finishing 18th after the drama of last season. We don't have a Freddy Eastwood this time around and I don't feel like we have as much momentum going into the season. We've lost Corr and look likely to lose Bentley - on the other hand, if we keep Bentley and sign Hunt and McLaughlin then a top-half finish is certainly realistic. But to be honest, I almost wouldn't want us to go up as last time it was too soon and we naturally came straight back down from the Championship. I'd prefer a few years of consolidation.

Naah, I'm a glory hunter, me. Straight through FL1 and achieve a play-off berth at Wembley, winning against Burton 5-0. Now that would be sweet. The problem with being retired and having time on your hands is that you wonder sometimes how many more good Southend times you're going to see.

Although it seems to me that League 1 is much tougher than a few years back, I for one am beginning to think he can with the squad he is assembling and the potential funds available if DB goes.

Thoughts ?

Nope. More chance of emulating Tilsons relegation era.

Nope. More chance of emulating Tilsons relegation era.

I remember last season.... No chance of promotion.... No chance in the play offs...We will never beat Wycombe....

I know you don't like PB but is relegation your honest opinion

I wouldn't think that promotion is on the top of anyones thoughts, but I don't see why we cant give a good show of ourselves. I'm an optimist but with so many big clubs in League One now it'll be very difficult, but the playoffs aren't completely out of our reach. Just need some good signings and luck with fitness/no injuries :-)

I think it's possible, yes there's big clubs in the division,but they're in this division for a reason, i think we may surprise a few.

We need to be realistic. I would put a hell a lot of money on us not going up. We have signed 2 players as of yet. One who is quality and in his prime the other may struggle at his age. Same with hunt with his injury problems. I think we are one of the favorites to go down. We will struggle especially if we lose Bentley. Everyone needs to be realistic and whoever says that we are going up again are with the fairies.

I think Jamie Cureton may have something to say about that!

He is an exception. You look at 70% of strikers, their prime will be at 27-28, or before if they rely on pace. What striker at 30 or over has done well here in the last 10 years. I could name a few that hasnt.

I remember last season.... No chance of promotion.... No chance in the play offs...We will never beat Wycombe....

I know you don't like PB but is relegation your honest opinion

To be fair all of this division will create tougher opposition than Wycombe. We lost and drew twice against Wycombe only getting promoted by the skin of our teeth, we have only signed two new players since Wembley, as much as i like both signings, this squad still needs at least three more of similar quality to stand any chance of competing well

Back