• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sfts

Hello,

No doubt you will all be have your opinions of your form so far this season and your chances of getting yourselves into a play off position.

I currently run a website called shouts from the stands and have written an article looking into the chance of outhen making the play offs and in what areas they will need to improve to do so.

It would be great to get your views as you are the fans that will be most affected.

Please take a look and let me know what you think.

www.shoutsfromthestands.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, welcome to the zone and hope you stay for longer. Secondly, could you remove the space in the website as links are allowed on this forum.

4 points off the play-offs in a league where anyone can beat anyone? Sure seems possible, but the thing that makes me doubt it is the fact that there are about 10 clubs fighting for 4 spaces and, at this moment, we are at the bottom of this list, so we will need results to defiantly go our way.

Reckon if we are within 2-3 points of the play-offs when Mohsni is back, then we have a good chance, but not getting my hopes up yet.

After reading your article, there are a couple of points I would like to point out.

Barry Corr scored his 14th and 15th league goals this season, and now has a total of 19. I'm guessing that you got those stats from the clubs OS, which is usually wrong. It is also well discussed on here that the one known as Louie Soares, is awful.

Sticking to the subject of goals, I don't think that the lack of goals has cost us, but the constant conceding the first goal in the match. Out of our 37 league games this season, we have conceded first 24 times, which is the same amount of times as Stockport, who are propping up the league.

Last edited:
You might want to know we are also sufferig an injury crisis right now, in the hereford game we played our second top scorer, winger Ryan hall as a left back (although to be fair he looked completely comfortable with the role)

With games against Port Vale and Wycombe still to come it's possible but we've made very hard work of it, I'd hate to see us in this division for more than one season because it's pretty soul destroying.

Anything is possible, however with our size of squad and long injury list, it does seem unlikely. I reckon the next four games will be all about trying to keep in touch with the play-off places............ away to Stockport, Accrington and Port Vale with a lone home fixture against Aldershot is not going to be easy. I reckon we need a minimum of eight or preferably nine points to keep our hopes alive............less than that and you can start planning your trips to Morecambe and Bradford again next year.

4 points off the play-offs in a league where anyone can beat anyone? Sure seems possible, but the thing that makes me doubt it is the fact that there are about 10 clubs fighting for 4 spaces and, at this moment, we are at the bottom of this list, so we will need results to defiantly go our way.

This, there's too many other teams involved for me plus some teams above us have games in hand. Still we have an outside chance which keeps the season going.

There's a couple of points I would make:

Firstly, in the first paragraph you say, "Southend who many fell {sic} have underperformed" without saying why, or giving the other side of the argument. Given that we only had about 3 signed players about a week before the season started, and that this is therefore an entirely new squad, then I would have to say anything above relegation is over-performing.

Secondly, If I were to browse your web site on a more regular basis (let's face it, that's what you want isn't it?) I would prefer the articles to keep the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors to a minimum. A paragraph like this:

A huge problem seems to be the sides lack of goals take aside Barry Corr who noticed his 15th and 16th on the campaign against Hereford no other member of the squad has hit double figures, players like attacking midfielder Louie Soares goal return have been poor, he has taken part in 29 games with 17 goals and only hit the back of the net once.

is shockingly bad.

That said, my head pretty much agrees with the gist of the article. My heart, however, is rather different...

Back