• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can we provide a card for Simon Dobbins Wife

I’m happy to make a donation, I would hope all right minded Southend fans would.

not sure i would want anything from SUFC if it was my family ..

if a charity was nominated and we created a fund in memory of Simon it might be better

I can understand the feeling of wanting to do something, I feel that way too. However we need to be sensitive here. I think that if the family have nominated a charity for donations then an anonymous donation to that would be best.

Very sad news indeed and I know we all feel we should do something.

This is difficult as we are SUFC fans and the point I guess is. How would the family take it if we send heart felt condolences etc to them directly. I feel this is maybe something @Shrimperstrust could maybe take on board where there could be a link for those who wish to donate to, can.

I am not saying we should not do something, it is just which avenue to take. Perhaps @OldBlueLady or the Trust directly can look into it or join with us in doing something under their hat.

I will chat to them and keep you all posted.

Last edited:
This is the attack which shames every Blues fan and quite rightly so. I don't think a card would be appropriate but lets see if we can raise some money for a charity they support. Maybe we could all donate one weeks ifollow money to the family rather than watching the game?

This is the attack which shames every Blues fan and quite rightly so. I don't think a card would be appropriate but lets see if we can raise some money for a charity they support. Maybe we could all donate one weeks ifollow money to the family rather than watching the game?

It doesn't shame me. Doesn't shame my family or my friends.

It does shame the idiots from both clubs that caused the events to escalate into the attack on Simon.

If something was sent/donated, the subliminal message is that all true Southend fans are truly sorry for Simon's death, and want(ed) nothing to do with football-related violence.
When it happens on your patch, one might not be personally shamed as per Rigsby, but the nasty taint sticks.
I can only imagine what true fans of Crewe Alex were feeling when their club was at the centre of the Barry Bennell scandal.

Back