• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Canada Man

Hi everyone. It has been so long since I was on these forums that I forgot my password.
I have lived in Canada for the past 34 years but born and bred a Southend boy. Lived near Southchurch Park growing up.
My hero was and still is Billy Best. I remember watching him set the FA Cup record for goals scored in two games back in the 60's. Standing at Roots Hall, on the big terraces, behind the goal. Great days and memories.
I get back to England every year and a half or so and try and get to a game.
Still a Trust Member!
Retirement is looming so I hope to be more active on the forums and taking a closer interest in the team.
I think this season has been just not enough. It will be hard making the Play Offs now. We keep dropping points on these drawers.
I wish Freddy Eastwood would have been less injured and found his form of glory years. I hope he gets the opportunities next season as he is true blue! His former scoring record with us was amazing!

Good to hear we have a supporter in Canada. Will you get to see the Final at wembley on tv?

Billy Best was indeed a legend ..and always will be. Hopefully a future player will soon be chasing his iconic status!

John Bridge who also lives in canada is flying over for the game on Sunday..welcome back BTW.

Welcome Canada Man! Look forward to hearing some of your interesting stories! All the best.

Back