• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Canary wharf lunch locations?

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I have just started working at Canary Wharf and am looking for decent places for lunch.

So far this week I have done Tortilla Burrirtos (crap), Wasabi (crap), Leon(normally good but the Gobi was awful) and Organic Chick Pea falafel place (pretty good).

Any recommendations?

Haven't worked there for about 10 years, but the Italian (Amerigo Vespucci) under Morgan Stanley's office in Cabot Square used to be quite good, although it's probably a bit pricey for lunch. The Henry Addington under their other office in Cabot Square is quite good if you want pub grub.

What's wrong with the office restaurant?

Oh Cyril you've changed: Once it was a tomato cuppa soup, bag of Monster Munch and a Cheese & Pickle sandwich at your desk. What went wrong. :sad:

Haven't worked there for about 10 years, but the Italian (Amerigo Vespucci) under Morgan Stanley's office in Cabot Square used to be quite good, although it's probably a bit pricey for lunch. The Henry Addington under their other office in Cabot Square is quite good if you want pub grub.

What's wrong with the office restaurant?

I am in the MS building.

I like to get out for a walk at lunchtime,.

I am in the MS building.

I like to get out for a walk at lunchtime,.

So have your lunch in the office, and then go for a walk...if the restaurant is as good as it was when I worked there, there's no real need to spend any more on lunch. As I said, that was about 10 years ago, so the subsidy might have been reduced since then.

Tortilla Burrirtos (crap)

Is that the one beneath the DLR station? If so, I loved it, and the queue for the place at lunchtimes suggested I wasn't alone. Their large pork burrito never let me down.

A spicy sausage & red pepper mayo baguette from the Birley's sandwich bar outside the underground entrance to Waitrose was also a favourite.

Is that the one beneath the DLR station? If so, I loved it, and the queue for the place at lunchtimes suggested I wasn't alone. Their large pork burrito never let me down.

A spicy sausage & red pepper mayo baguette from the Birley's sandwich bar outside the underground entrance to Waitrose was also a favourite.

They are not a patch on Chillangos burritos.

Try Docklands Diner, West India Dock, 76, Cannon Drive, London E14 4AS. The café is in a former Napoleonic Building. It is 0.3 km from Herons Quay DLR Station, or 2 minutes walk. It is about 10 minutes walk from Canary Wharf. It is a good old fashioned café. It has Decent food, decent prices and an extensive menu. Staff are always friendly, It is one of the few cafes in the vicinity of Canary Wharf.

So have your lunch in the office, and then go for a walk...if the restaurant is as good as it was when I worked there, there's no real need to spend any more on lunch. As I said, that was about 10 years ago, so the subsidy might have been reduced since then.

When I left 5 years ago it had fallen a lot. I remember when it was impossible to spend more than $1.50. And that got you a massive amount of quality grub

Try Docklands Diner, West India Dock, 76, Cannon Drive, London E14 4AS. The café is in a former Napoleonic Building. It is 0.3 km from Herons Quay DLR Station, or 2 minutes walk. It is about 10 minutes walk from Canary Wharf. It is a good old fashioned café. It has Decent food, decent prices and an extensive menu. Staff are always friendly, It is one of the few cafes in the vicinity of Canary Wharf.

Is that the place with all the West Ham memorabelia on the wall?

Unfortunately, Yes. Although I never have seen a spammer on the premises. I worked at the Olympics as a Security Manager. We used to hold our breakfast meetings there each month. It must be one of the most busiest café in London at lunchtimes. Also Police officers and taxi drivers used it which is always a good sign. The café was also used as Gestapo HQ in BBC's TV Drama " Secret Army".

Back