• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?68791-Re-kettering&p=1327640#post1327640

Hold on guys sorry but it really does saden me to see people going to see Southend Manor Kettering AWAY over watching SUFC at Macclesfield!! even more so that we are second in the table!!!!!!

Whilst I wish Southend Manor all the best and had this been on a different day then I may have even gone myself but still I think SUFC need all the support they can at the moment to ensure we keep up with this superb form!

Its not a dig more of a question why?

Well, I can't go to either but would always take Blues. Having said that, I've played against Manor, many local footballers will have also played for or against them and this is an unbelievable achievement for them. Ketterings nearer and I wouldn't imagine it would have a massive impact on the travelling numbers to Macc.

Let's say they get through and draw us in the first round proper. I've a sneaking feeling that there will be many, many people wanting Blues to progress but also rooting Manor on as well.

Are you saying that you can't understand why someone would support Manor rather than the Mighty Shrimpers, or are you saying that you can't understand anything 'Chemico' posts? Both are equally valid queries.

Maybe people are choosing the cheaper option, and also potentially opting for a bit of FA Cup magic for a team that possibly a lot have a little affection for? Also, how full are the coaches? If people can't get on the coaches to Macclesfield then maybe they're doing this instead. All sorts of reasons and I don't personally think anyone should be criticised for lending some support to one of our non league sides that could potentially be in the 1st round draw proper.

I'm not going to either, but that's because I can't afford it. Unfortunately, much as I like away travel, at this present time for me, it's a luxury that I'm having to do without.

Maybe people are choosing the cheaper option, and also potentially opting for a bit of FA Cup magic for a team that possibly a lot have a little affection for? Also, how full are the coaches? If people can't get on the coaches to Macclesfield then maybe they're doing this instead. All sorts of reasons and I don't personally think anyone should be criticised for lending some support to one of our non league sides that could potentially be in the 1st round draw proper.

I'm not going to either, but that's because I can't afford it. Unfortunately, much as I like away travel, at this present time for me, it's a luxury that I'm having to do without.

Read my post I am asking why!

Good luck to Southend Manor and the son of One of my best mates Gary Paterson from Shoebury. The son is also called Gary Paterson and is the One banging in the goals for them. He has been nominated by the F.A. for player of the round, last Two rounds.

Read my post I am asking why!
Whilst I don't think anyone should be answerable to you, what I've done is given you some possible reasons, so I am answering your "why" with potential answers. Your tone does you no favours Scott.

Whilst I don't think anyone should be answerable to you, what I've done is given you some possible reasons, so I am answering your "why" with potential answers. Your tone does you no favours Scott.

Your constant stalking does you none either!

Nobody is answerble to me I am just trying to understand peoples outlook

Read this quote:
I don't personally think anyone should be criticised for lending some support to one of our non league sides that could potentially be in the 1st round draw proper.

Your constant snipes disgust me

I gave you reasons, the biggest of which is MONEY, why you felt the need to question what I posted, which was reasonable and rational, is beyond me. As to stalking, please note that I'm not one of those who repeats every tweet from every person remotely linked with the club. I don't automatically "follow" every person who is given a trial. The "stalking" as ever, is a fabrication and massive over exaggeration on your part.

I agree i think you two need a room to sort out your differences..................

But scott i understand your point, but you were brought up and still live in Hockley. Many people if not from the southchurch area have an afilliation with the club through playing for them knowing the players or being the husband of the women who works behind the tea bar. Seeing a club like manor get this far in the cup is unheard off and they wanna share the success.

I agree i think you two need a room to sort out your differences..................

But scott i understand your point, but you were brought up and still live in Hockley. Many people if not from the southchurch area have an afilliation with the club through playing for them knowing the players or being the husband of the women who works behind the tea bar. Seeing a club like manor get this far in the cup is unheard off and they wanna share the success.

See thats the kinda answer I was looking for - reading that makes sense to me and like I have said I wish them all the best however toss up between them when a game clashes for me there is no contest.

Lets hope Manor win!!!!

I gave you reasons, the biggest of which is MONEY, why you felt the need to question what I posted, which was reasonable and rational, is beyond me. As to stalking, please note that I'm not one of those who repeats every tweet from every person remotely linked with the club. I don't automatically "follow" every person who is given a trial. The "stalking" as ever, is a fabrication and massive over exaggeration on your part.

But still taking a note of my post time its rather creepy

I actually do understand it. A few supporters follow Southend and Southend Manor. This is like a cup final to Southend Manor, as they may never again get this far in the F.A. cup. So it's like a One off special. Why shouldn't they go and support Manor. A few of them will have relatives or friends associated with the club also.

A huge amount of Southend fans support other bigger clubs, but would choose to travel away to see Southend in the F.A. cup if they reached a good round. This is just how it is.

Back