• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Canvey Island 0-1 Southend United, pre-season friendly

Starting XI and Result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Gus Scott=Morriss

• Harry Taylor

• Ollie Kensdale

• Nathan Ralph

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Cav Miley

• Noor Husin

• Wes Fonguck

• Jack Wood

• Callum Powell

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dan Mooney

• Oli Coker

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Jacob Bland

• Ronnie Blake

• George Pulham

• Jake Huet

• Zak Hammond

• Win

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Draw

• Lose

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to the trials and tribulations of living in Benfleet and having to travel to Canvey at peak times! With Vicarage Hill closed and temporary traffic lights in several places on the High Road as well as Kiln Road and Kents Hill Road, last night the traffic was queued up everywhere. What should have been a 15 minute journey for us was closer to three times that and I know people were still coming in at half time.
It's a surreptitious plan to create a "fifteen-minute ghetto" by the back door.

A couple more road closures and no one will be able to get in or get out of Benfleet. Job done.

Most of you should just be thankful you aren't imprisoned, sorry, living here.

Glad to have set out early ! Crawling down Essex Way, wondered whether Vicarage Road was closed because of armed attacks on someone’s house !
They're replacing lots of the mains gas pipes across Benfleet at the same time as they're replacing lots of the water works pipes - great planning!

They're replacing lots of the mains gas pipes across Benfleet at the same time as they're replacing lots of the water works pipes - great planning!
Sad thing is, it doesn't surprise me anymore. Inter communication between major company's is in the distant past. No one seems to give a damn anymore, about anything?.

Sad thing is, it doesn't surprise me anymore. Inter communication between major company's is in the distant past. No one seems to give a damn anymore, about anything?.
I know it's off topic here, but don't the councils have to grant licences for this kind of work so people there should know the chaos that's going to happen?

I know it's off-topic here, but don't the councils have to grant licences for this kind of work so people there should know the chaos that's going to happen?
Yes, but it's Essex County Council, not local councillors that make these decisions. I have been in email conversation with my local Boyce Ward councillors and they are actually as frustrated and astonished as I, and many others are, at the seeming lack of forethought or planning that decides when and where these works take place.

To give them their due they have engaged really well and are doing what they can but these decisions are rubber-stamped by people (or troupes of chimps with pins) who don't live in the area, don't care about it and probably don't even know where it is. And I seriously suspect that these decisions are also primarily made for the convenience of Cadent and the like, rather than local residents.

Anyway, back on topic, Ron Martin is a ****!

Last edited:
Back