• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Lomas

Manager
If we had beaten Yeovil, we would have had Birmingham at home...The irony. No doubt the Barry Fry chants would have started again! :stunned:

With complete, total, undying respect this is all irrelevant. We are not in the Capitel One Cup Second Round. And is it the case we'd have the same number as say Yeovil had we gone through? Thought it based on alphabetical order. Perhaps not. But the key point to my post is that we are not in the next round so whats the point in discussing sometjhing that is not there now. As i started I mean this with respect.

We could have played Chelsea in the FA Cup last season and could have played Liverpool a couple of seasons ago.

In 2006, we could have lost to Leeds and never played Man Utd. We could have lost to Luton and never played Chelsea.

It can go the other way.

We could have played Chelsea in the FA Cup last season and could have played Liverpool a couple of seasons ago.

In 2006, we could have lost to Leeds and never played Man Utd. We could have lost to Luton and never played Chelsea.

It can go the other way.

I still haven't got over that.

Ummmm..................this is not what I got...........and of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that you are wrong. When I worked it out we would have replaced Stevenage as N°21 of the non-seeded teams and thus would have been handed an away tie to Everton. Of course, this is all just academic.:smile:

Butterfly wings.

Had we won the entire draw would have been entirely different.

Oooops! :blush: I had calculated on the idea that we would be the same number as Stevenage.........what I HADN'T thought about was the fact that Yeovil wouldn't be in the seeded side of the draw and cosequently everything would have been changed.

Why would there have been any chants about Barry Fry? Its a longtime ago now and having talked to some Birmingham fans a few years ago they thought he was useless and were glad when he was sacked.

This has to be one of the stupidest threads we have ever had on here. Talking about a team we wouldn't have drawn anyway as our number would have been different to Yeovil and talking about Barry Fry chants which wouldn't have happened anyway.

Oooops! :blush: I had calculated on the idea that we would be the same number as Stevenage.........what I HADN'T thought about was the fact that Yeovil wouldn't be in the seeded side of the draw and cosequently everything would have been changed.

It goes farther than that. Just the fact we didnt go through completely changed the flow of events from that point on. Anyone involved in the draw would have done things slightly different which would have affected all kinds of things, ie just typing the word Yeovil saved them 1 second so would have been slightly ahead of where they would have been if they typed Southend which could have led to someone putting the balls in 1 second later for the draw and affecting the entire process. (if they even use balls for this one).

It goes farther than that. Just the fact we didnt go through completely changed the flow of events from that point on. Anyone involved in the draw would have done things slightly different which would have affected all kinds of things, ie just typing the word Yeovil saved them 1 second so would have been slightly ahead of where they would have been if they typed Southend which could have led to someone putting the balls in 1 second later for the draw and affecting the entire process. (if they even use balls for this one).

.....Balls

Butterfly wings.

Had we won the entire draw would have been entirely different.

Dead right. I don't understand how some people don't get this. It's like the idiot commentators who (when a player scores two goals) say "If only he'd taken that chance after the first goal he would have had a hat-trick". No he wouldn't, the whole game would have been different from that point!

:angry:

We didn't get through and have no idea who we would of got. This thread is now pointless. CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back