• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Capital Punishment

yes or no?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Bring it back or not? Use it in extreme cases? Keep it abolished?

In the wake of the 'Baby P' murderers being granted a new life when they leave prison, with all the trimmings i might add, would Capital punishment be more fitting for these scumbags?

What's your take on it all?

Hang 'em high. I would certainly implement the death penalty for high treason, which could be applied to thousands of 'British Citizens' as we speak. If you want to be protected by our laws and our welfare state, then you need to put the nation above your alien religion. If you don't want to do that, then you're not protected.

It's been discussed many times before and comes round every 6 months or so. Therefore I doubt if people's views would have changed in the light of Baby P's killers being identified.

Here

Bring it back or not? Use it in extreme cases? Keep it abolished?

In the wake of the 'Baby P' murderers being granted a new life when they leave prison, with all the trimmings i might add, would Capital punishment be more fitting for these scumbags?

What's your take on it all?

Hang,draw and quarter,would be an excellent choice for these low life,and yes Capital punishment must now be an option.

Given the amount of mistakes that the police and the judiciary make with minor things like traffic offences, do you really want to give them the power of life and death? Until they prove themselves to be infallible, or at the very least incorruptible, I'd rather not take the chance, ta.

Given the amount of mistakes that the police and the judiciary make with minor things like traffic offences, do you really want to give them the power of life and death? Until they prove themselves to be infallible, or at the very least incorruptible, I'd rather not take the chance, ta.

Thats fine,i say hang them, just opinions.

I'd only do it if there was concrete evidence and no other fallible reasons for anyone else to commit the crime. Like in the Baby P case, we know it was the mother and the two brothers so hang them in front of Nelson, i'm sure he'd feel proud to know our country isn't being over-run with scum.

Hanging would be good. but i can't help but feel it's a tad too quick.

How bout, being hung upside by the ankles, and slitting several 'pressure points' and leaving them there to 'drip dry' so to speak.
Of course this would be a public event where people could bring their own salt/vinegar/lemon juice etc to pour into the cuts

Hanging would be good. but i can't help but feel it's a tad too quick.

How bout, being hung upside by the ankles, and slitting several 'pressure points' and leaving them there to 'drip dry' so to speak.
Of course this would be a public event where people could bring their own salt/vinegar/lemon juice etc to pour into the cuts

I'll have ten tickets to this great spectacle.

Said it every time this comes up - if a case is 100% proven and in specific circumstances, like child murderers, mass murderers and possibly a few others, then absolutely. But it has to be a completely cast iron nailed on certainty.

Jeremy Kyle lie detector always seems to be spot on. Reckon they could lend it to the CPS?

Said it every time this comes up - if a case is 100% proven and in specific circumstances, like child murderers, mass murderers and possibly a few others, then absolutely. But it has to be a completely cast iron nailed on certainty.

Sorry OBL but I think you are wrong there. Is it 100% proven as in Stefan Kiszko,Sean Hodgson,Barry George, Kevin Callan etc etc?

Sorry OBL but I think you are wrong there. Is it 100% proven as in Stefan Kiszko,Sean Hodgson,Barry George, Kevin Callan etc etc?

Not true, 3 people have been pardoned after being hanged since 1945, Timmothy Evans in 1966, Mahood Mattan and Derek Bentley in 1998. Indeed Evans posthumous pardon did much to end capital punishment in this country.

You mention Barry George, he has since been aquitted of murdering Jill Dando.

Not true, 3 people have been pardoned after being hanged since 1945, Timmothy Evans in 1966, Mahood Mattan and Derek Bentley in 1998. Indeed Evans posthumous pardon did much to end capital punishment in this country.

You mention Barry George, he has since been aquitted of murdering Jill Dando.

My point MIAS is that if the 'hang em high brigade' had their way the people I mentioned would have been murdered by the state, with the posters blessing, without being guilty of the crime they had been killed for.
Would the 'hang 'em high brigade' then want the hangman to be sentenced to death for murdering an innocent person, or the judge, or the jury, the prosecutor, the police etc

I was thinking more of the likes of Brady and Hindley, the Wests, Leslie Bailey, Sidney Cooke, you know, those types.

Understand your points, but I will never, ever think it is justified to take a life, be it an act of individual murder or state sponsored killing.

My point MIAS is that if the 'hang em high brigade' had their way the people I mentioned would have been murdered by the state, with the posters blessing, without being guilty of the crime they had been killed for.
Would the 'hang 'em high brigade' then want the hangman to be sentenced to death for murdering an innocent person, or the judge, or the jury, the prosecutor, the police etc

Sorry gts, I mis-read your original post.

Back