• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carl Pettefer

Javea Shrimper

Adam Barrett, speaking to the official site today :

"Petts is taking it easy obviously because of his injury last season but even he is starting to feel stronger now."

This is Essex today :

"Southend United midfielder Carl Pettefer is fighting to be fit for the start of the season after suffering a slight injury setback during training."

¿Qué?

WS

According to Teamtalk:

Pettefer suffers setback

Southend midfielder Carl Pettefer could miss the start of the season after suffering a setback in his recovery from a broken leg.

The 23-year-old winger finished the squad's first training session with a swollen ankle and is fighting to be fit for the season's League Two opener against Cheltenham Town.

Pettefer broke his leg in April and was in plaster for nine weeks before the cast was removed three weeks ago.

The former Portsmouth youngster told the Evening Echo: "I joined in with the rest of the lads on their first day back but it was the first time I had run for three months and my ankle has swollen up.

"The original injury where I broke my leg is fully healed now and it feels fine but my ankle is sore because I've had it in a cast for so long.

"It's never nice to miss out on games but at this stage I'm still hopeful of being fit for Cheltenham."

Hmmm! sounds to me as though he will just need to rest it?

The down side is he'll miss training for a couple of weeks and so, be behind everyone [no jokes, please!] when it comes to fitness, bearing in mind he'll have been out four months by KO.

So with Smith and maybe Pettefer likely to miss that start of the season where is our midfield at the moment, Gower, Maher, Bentley and
rock.gif
?. Wouldn't mind seeing Nicolau at LM with Gower on the right but we're not exactly brimming with left backs. I reckon Tilly should throw Husbands his chance on the wing in the friendlies and see what he can do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ July 06 2004,13:15)]So with Smith and maybe Pettefer likely to miss that start of the season where is our midfield at the moment, Gower, Maher, Bentley and
rock.gif
?.  Wouldn't mind seeing Nicolau at LM with Gower on the right but we're not exactly brimming with left backs.  I reckon Tilly should throw Husbands his chance on the wing in the friendlies and see what he can do.
Che left-back, Nicolau left-wing

Or failing that, Gray/Husbands/Corbett right wing, Gower left

Easy. Then there's Kights and Williams, don't forget.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the dark deshrimper @ July 06 2004,16:57)]I saw Carl coming out of Club Kingswood, in his training kit. He looked quite fit.
How fit can you look walking out of a gym and into a car??

you people tsk

Back