• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carli Lansley Foundation Online Memorabilia Auction - John White, Jason Demetriou and Adam Barrett

Big Bad Barry Corr

First XI⭐
Many supporters will be familiar with the circumstances surrounding the tragic passing of Southend United fan Carli Lansley at the age of only 36-years-old on 1st June 2017.

Carli died in her sleep from Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome (SADS), leading to a foundation being set up in her name to provide free cardiac screenings for young people aged 14 to 35 in the Southend area by her husband Karl, Jess and Ethan.

As part of the Carli Lansley Foundation’s continued fundraising and growth, Blues players John White and Jason Demetriou plus ex SUFC great Adam Barrett (the last named two being patrons of the charity) recently met with the Lansley family to donate match worn shirts, boots and training kit that will very shortly be available online to raise funds to support the work of this wonderful local charity.

Jess and Ethan are pictured below with John, Jason and Adam together with the items that will shortly be available, which are as follows -

John White - Autographed 2020/21 match worn away shirt and match worn boots (unsigned)

Jason Demetriou - Autographed 2019/2020 match worn home and away shirts and boots (all signed)

Adam Barrett - Autographed match worn Gillingham shirt from the 2013/13 centenary season (rare red shirt) when he captained Gillingham to the L2 title and worn Millwall training kit from his present job as Lions first team coach.
C1D2EEEC-7619-4215-9F48-AAAF0A9926AC.jpegC7BB1D7F-AAFA-4E51-984B-3D7B613980D4.jpeg0904D006-A166-4FBA-997F-7BBC5400F418.jpeg708FAC2E-6080-452A-888C-305D44159F3D.jpeg
A great opportunity to bid on and subsequently own such unique and collectible items whilst supporting the Carli Lansley Foundation and their work within the Southend area.

Thank you to John, Jason and Adam as well as the club for their continued support of the charity.

www.carlilansleyfoundation.org.uk

inmemoryofcarli - Facebook & @carlifoundation - Twitter.

Might be being daft - but I can't see the auctions? Is there a link?

Might be being daft - but I can't see the auctions? Is there a link?

I don't think they're actually online yet - besides which, ebay links aren't normally allowed on here, so it'll be up to @Cricko and co whether they are on this occasion. I'd like to hope so.

I know the family, knew Carli too. Jess and Ethan have been my "go to"s for when I'm short of Junior Blues to do flags, they're great kids and Karl is doing an amazing job of raising them.

Cricko old son, you are a prince ? Thank you. Johnny White’s shirt will be online tonight at around 17.00. That will be the first one and the others will be at intervals of every other day.

Be back later to post the link when John’s shirt goes live. Thanks again Cricko ??⭐️?❤️

Johnny White’s shirt is now up on eBay ladies and gents. Link is above and thank you to Cricko for allowing this to be posted here.

All proceeds to this wonderful charity, the Carli Lansley Foundation. Happy bidding ?⭐?✨?❤C456653C-6372-4C85-9205-369008A8E254.jpeg

Jason Demetriou’s home 2019/20 SUFC shirt and Adam Barrett’s 2012/13 Gillingham centenary L2 championship winning shirt will be listed today at 17.30 and 19.30 respectively.

Links will be posted when shirts go live. ???

Undoubtedly of the most beloved and greatest players to have ever worn a Southend shirt but he wore the shirts of several other clubs with great distinction during his career too.

Adam Barrett has very kindly donated his match worn and signed Gillingham shirt from the 2012/13 season to the Carli Lansley Foundation, to raise funds for their work in the Southend area.

This is the shirt he wore when captaining the Gills to the L2 championship in 12/13 which was also their centenary season. A one off red shirt that in itself is highly collectible now.

Now up on eBay. Happy bidding ???❤️⚽️ #OnlyOneAdamBarrett

Attachments

• 6B288ED1-EDBB-45A2-ACA1-6C257BBE3D16.jpeg
    6B288ED1-EDBB-45A2-ACA1-6C257BBE3D16.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 5
Jason Demetriou’s signed match worn boots used whilst playing for Southend United in L2 during the 2020/21 season are now listed on eBay to raise funds for Southend based charity, The Carli Lansley Foundation.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402949995716

Happy bidding
?
❤️
⭐️
?
?
?
⚽️

Johnny White’s match worn boots are now up on eBay. Worn during the 2020/21 season in L2 whilst playing for Southend United, they will be a great addition to any collection of SUFC memorabilia and all money raised will go towards the fantastic work undertaken in the Southend area by local charity, The Carli Lansley Foundation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402949687995

Happy bidding
?
❤️
?
⭐️
⚽️

Last edited:
Unbelievably minutes after the auction ended, I received a four word message from the supposed “winning bidder” - “I don’t want it” followed by a bid retraction request, which considering all the work that has gone into getting this charity auction up and running, is beyond disappointing and frankly I am utterly disgusted and dejected that this has happened.

Why do people bother to bid if they don’t want the item? Utter timewasters. How can someone do this to a hard working, most deserving charity? I am lost for words ?

Unbelievably minutes after the auction ended, I received a four word message from the supposed “winning bidder” - “I don’t want it” followed by a bid retraction request, which considering all the work that has gone into getting this charity auction up and running, is beyond disappointing and frankly I am utterly disgusted and dejected that this has happened.

Why do people bother to bid if they don’t want the item? Utter timewasters. How can someone do this to a hard working, most deserving charity? I am lost for words ?
Make sure you leave the person negative feedback. The 2nd placed bidder may feel that they were unnecessarily pushed up by the person who won - hope you reach a satisfactory outcome on this. Such a shame.

Make sure you leave the person negative feedback. The 2nd placed bidder may feel that they were unnecessarily pushed up by the person who won - hope you reach a satisfactory outcome on this. Such a shame.
I thought the same yesterday ,I think it was deliberate ploy which went wrong .I’ve never heard of a bid retraction ,is that le git ?????

I thought the same yesterday ,I think it was deliberate ploy which went wrong .I’ve never heard of a bid retraction ,is that le git ?????
Yeah, I've had it happen to me also when selling something on ebay.

The players that are Patrons put their own time and efforts into helping these people and have done so for a long time. Its a shame someone spending a miniscule amount of time in comparison when bidding then retracting, chose to disrespect those people, the foundation and Carli with their pathetic actions. Personally I would like it if they could be forced to pay the money.
There's a big difference doing this to a cause like this in comparison to backing out of a purchase on Gumtree or something similar.
I hope they are identified solely to stop them from participating in future similar things

Back