• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carling Cup 3rd round

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Big clubs, like Man Utd or Arsenal, will play the kids. Chelsea's reserves will still probably be Internationals.

Other prem clubs like West Ham, Spurs and Charlton will be going all out for victory as they'll see this as the only silverware they have a real chance of winning.

Personally, I'd like (in order of preference)

West Ham at home
Spurs away (I've not been to White Hart Lane yet and it'll be another ground to chalk off)
Chelsea at home
Arsenal away
Man Utd anywhere

Games I don't want -

Crewe away
MK Dons anywhere
Bolton away
Sheff Utd away

Reading away would be good. Nice short trip for me, plus I have plenty of mates who live in the town.

Sure this would get a thumbs up from Reading Shrimper too!

Failing that, Watford would be good. They have no intention of doing anything in this competition and we could do them over. Nice and local as well....

Selfishly, I'd love to go to Old Trafford no matter who they put out!

Other than that, being a non-seaso then any 'big' side away would be nice
smile.gif

One of the top few Premier teams away to go out in style and get a niec pay day too....

Man Utd would be a dream come true,

Oo.gif

Any of the top prem sides away please.

It's about time we had a decent draw.

smile.gif

Man U, Man City (if they beat Chesterfield tonight) or Bolton for me - nice short trips for Stockport Shrimpers!

I would love either Arsenal or Chelsea away as it would mean less traveling for a tuesday night. Could you imagine doing Old trafford on a Tuesday night with all those road works, no thanks!!

If drawn at home any of the Top premiership clubs!!

man u at home would be good, as i reckon they might field Rooney, considering he's short of form and games at the mo.

Chelsea at home would be good, as there second string would stil be something worth seeing, as would Liverpool at home, as i imagine they would still have a pretty strong side with players like Stevvie G on the bench should things not be going there way (hopefully!)

Did I mention MK Dons away.....COME ON, WE'RE DUE A WIN AGAINST THE BOGEY TEAM.....
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 20 2006,12:19)]Something wrong with this thread then ?

Original Thread
Was just thinking that

They'll probably be a few more between now and saturday

I'll type the same thing I did the previous two times, anyone but MK Dons

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 20 2006,12:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 20 2006,12:24)]Arsenal away for me. We've never played them in a competitive game and I also want to go to Ashburton.
Ditto.

smile.gif
It's a wonderful stadium. That would be a cracking draw.

It would be nice to get a big Premiership side. When was the last time? Spurs with Gazza winning on away goals? Before that Liverpool?

By the way I'm not including West Ham as a big Premiership side - we could be playing them in the Championship next year (again).

Back