• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carlisle Away

coogeeblue

Whats the score going to be??

3-0 to The Shrimpers

Freedman Hatrick

Easy Win

Joyce in Goal

Nurse Nurse pass me those pills please

2.0 to us Barney and Doogie

250 happy Shrimpers making the long journey home

Everyones a winner

You know what, i'm absolutely buzzing for this game. This is what supporting Southend United is all about, in the face of adversity pulling together and coming good. I urge everyone who possibly can to get to this game on Saturday, we can really help our team by supporting them through this rut.

You know what, i'm absolutely buzzing for this game. This is what supporting Southend United is all about, in the face of adversity pulling together and coming good. I urge everyone who possibly can to get to this game on Saturday, we can really help our team by supporting them through this rut.

Well said shrimpled.Shame i've gotta let the sprogs drag me 'round Legoland this Sat 'cos i'm the sort of idiot that even after tonight's dire loss i'd happily jump in my motor and zip up to Carlisle on a whim believing we'll shock everyone with a win!!
..Saying that,i reckon there's loads of nutty Southend fans like me too!!

Tke em to Carlisle. I honestly believe we will win there on saturday.

250 shrimpers... we'll be lucky to take 100...

not looking forward to this one particulary.. but its sometimes the matches that you dont fancy which gives you a nice suprise! am looking foward to seeing freedman start though...

realistically a 3-1 defeat or a sneaky 1-0 win..

Nothing better than mugging a load of norfern maaankeys for 3 points,it's a great feeling.

I spoke about doing this on the way home tonight,then beating Hereford at home the following Sat! They'll all be heroes!

Scary thing is,that would be Southend all over to pull off something like that.

I mean,even Alex Ferguson couldn't stop us when we put our minds to it.

Might even play a lot better because of less support - those there will be the most committed ones. Here's hoping anyway - and I wish you all well if travelling, far too big a trip for me at this time.

Carlisle aren't unbeatable by any means. They're good going forward, especially down the left, and they play a variation on 4-5-1 which makes players difficult to pick up. But they are vulnerable at the back, especially to crosses from wide areas because their fullbacks push a long way forward.

Anyway, going to Carlisle is what it's all about: ludicrous trips to Scotland with your mates to support your crap football team. I'm doing it on a Tuesday this season...

Theyve scored 4 goals in each of their opening 2 home games. I'm going for a goal fest 8-3 to Carlisle, Louis-Christophe with a hat trick.

strangely I think its going to be one of those unexpected results time and am going for a 0-0 .....although equally I wouldnt surprise me seeing us going down 6-1 or something

I think this one is going to catch us all by surprise, I'm going for 1-0 with Barrett scoring.

Was considering going but certainly going to give it a miss now.

Any way; Carlisle 3 (Graham, 2, Bridge-Wilkinson) - Southend 1 (Freedman)

Back