• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cash flow and projection

blue scorpion

Youth Team
With the predicted return of artic conditions this weekend [with the possibility of further postponents] I wonder if our club will be able to withstand the financial pressures associated with these unforeseen events, bearing in mind our precarious monetary predicament.
Even should a short term solution be found,I sincerely hope that projections of estimated income through gate receipts for the remainder of the season, which will surely fall substantially relecting our league position,are realistic as I find it hard to believe that our resources would be robust enough to cover any shortfall.
Hopefully,the reduced expenditures of the Club will help us through.I fear for our future if not, as I do not see Sainsburys bailing us out forever.

With the predicted return of artic conditions this weekend [with the possibility of further postponents] I wonder if our club will be able to withstand the financial pressures associated with these unforeseen events, bearing in mind our precarious monetary predicament.
Even should a short term solution be found,I sincerely hope that projections of estimated income through gate receipts for the remainder of the season, which will surely fall substantially relecting our league position,are realistic as I find it hard to believe that our resources would be robust enough to cover any shortfall.
Hopefully,the reduced expenditures of the Club will help us through.I fear for our future if not, as I do not see Sainsburys bailing us out forever.

Agree, it is all very worrying. Future home matches, especially on a Tuesday night will mean that less than 1000 tickets are sold. 3500 season cards, 100 away fans and 800 home ticket sales would give a gate of 4400 which will be about right v Macclesfield on a January evening. Therefore 900 tickets at an average of £12 will probably be less than many non-league clubs will sell for home games! As you allude to, it would be interesting to see what the projected estimations were in respect of gate receipts.

Agree, it is all very worrying. Future home matches, especially on a Tuesday night will mean that less than 1000 tickets are sold. 3500 season cards, 100 away fans and 800 home ticket sales would give a gate of 4400 which will be about right v Macclesfield on a January evening. Therefore 900 tickets at an average of £12 will probably be less than many non-league clubs will sell for home games! As you allude to, it would be interesting to see what the projected estimations were in respect of gate receipts.

And cup runs.

Its Ok, our superstar players (within the top 4 of wages in the division) will get the crowds flooding back in.

I think somone posted a while back that Ron Martin was banking on 6,000 average crowds this season. Our current average home crowd is 5,174.

Presumably now everyone has crunched the numbers they will not be appealing for signings to be made in January?

Or if they do I'm sure that they will be very forgiving when money ring-fenced for our tax bills is used instead to pay for those signings.

[with the possibility of further postponents] I wonder if our club will be able to withstand the financial pressures associated with these unforeseen events, bearing in mind our precarious monetary predicament.

No home game now for 5 weeks(?) and the Boxing day match v Barnet currently looking doubtful, we could go 7 weeks before we have one. As already stated on a previous post, the re-arranged games will have a lower attendance on a tuesday night with revenue being minimal. Lets hope Sainsburys have lots of festive spirit.

Presumably now everyone has crunched the numbers they will not be appealing for signings to be made in January?

Or if they do I'm sure that they will be very forgiving when money ring-fenced for our tax bills is used instead to pay for those signings.

Got to go along with this, if we cant shift players surples to needs out of the door, we shoudnt expect anybody coming in.

Back