• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hi, Fulham fan here, firstly well done on your win yesterday, I saw Cauley Woodrow scored for you guys yesterday, we haven't heard a lot about him since he left and was wondering how you guys think he has done?
al the best,
tom

Slow start but improving with every game, steeping up to this level is hard but when he gets his chance is has taken it.Can we keep him until end of season and beyond?

Hi mate, I like him, he's good for the team and works his socks off. He doesn't get many goals and doesn't look over dangerous from what i've seen, but he does tend to play on the right hand side of a front 3, possibly not his best position? You never know how a player so young will progress but I really can't see premiership quality in him, happy to have him with us though and hopefully we'll start to see some of the potential you guys saw to sign him realised.

He's very highly rated at the club, the club are hoping that in the next year or so he can break into the first team

And yeah he's very much a central striker, he relies on service in the development squad, but has scored a lot of goals for theDS

He with us until end of the season, one things for sure, if he don't get service, he have to try and fight for a scrap, that what he expect when Fulham play away at Liverpool & Man Utd etc

I like his attitude and work rate - and I think he has a good future in the game. I get the idea that he is enjoying playing at this level right now. When you see him up close you realise quite how young he is ........... and his mum came to see him play at Burton a couple of weeks ago. That was nice.

What I dislike is that it is time on the pitch that is developing that talent into a better player and that one of our own players could equally benefit from that experience. He is already (to my mind) getting in better positions and being more astute - even at Division 4 level (where we used to play Fulham quite regularly until Mr Moneybags came along) a player can really hone their skills.

I suspect that Woodrow will continue to do well for the rest of the season (baring any injury problems) and then we (Southend) will be left with a hole in the squad whilst Fulham will be left with an increased value player. Last year we developed Britt Assombalonga and then Watford sold him to Peterborough for over £1m whilst we received absolutely nothing. If they (Posh) get promoted and you (Fulham) get relegated then we could see Woodrow v Britt in Division 2 next season.

P.S. Loved the statue of Michael Jackson. :omg: :unsure: :smile:

He's very highly rated at the club, the club are hoping that in the next year or so he can break into the first team

I don't think he will be breaking into your first team for a few Years yet. It was only a few weeks ago that we were arguing on here about him being in our starting line up, as no goals were being scored by him in league games, and he wasn't looking like a dangerous striker at all. As others have said, he is improving and learning. Hopefully that goal Yesterday will give him a massive boost in confidence, and he can at last show us what all the highly rated fuss is about.

For some reason in the games I've seen him (always sat at the back in the West), I always got the impression that he was quite small and a bit weak but yesterday I was closer to the pitch and it may have been a wrong perception but he seemed much bigger and stronger and held the ball up well and didn't seem to get pushed around. And as everyone else says, his work rate was great yesterday and second only to that of our central midfielder.

I like his attitude and work rate - and I think he has a good future in the game. I get the idea that he is enjoying playing at this level right now. When you see him up close you realise quite how young he is ........... and his mum came to see him play at Burton a couple of weeks ago. That was nice.

What I dislike is that it is time on the pitch that is developing that talent into a better player and that one of our own players could equally benefit from that experience. He is already (to my mind) getting in better positions and being more astute - even at Division 4 level (where we used to play Fulham quite regularly until Mr Moneybags came along) a player can really hone their skills.

I suspect that Woodrow will continue to do well for the rest of the season (baring any injury problems) and then we (Southend) will be left with a hole in the squad whilst Fulham will be left with an increased value player. Last year we developed Britt Assombalonga and then Watford sold him to Peterborough for over £1m whilst we received absolutely nothing. If they (Posh) get promoted and you (Fulham) get relegated then we could see Woodrow v Britt in Division 2 next season.

P.S. Loved the statue of Michael Jackson. :omg: :unsure: :smile:

We did get Britts goals and talent for the season and if we had gone up then we may well have got him again this season. Plus I assume that we only paid a small portion of his wages.

Doing a useful job for us, but no way is this lad going to play in Fulham's first team any time soon.

Doing a useful job for us, but no way is this lad going to play in Fulham's first team any time soon.

Agreed, he is developing and will no doubt develop along the same lines as Andros Townsend has with multiple loans and the club sticking by him. A season with us then if he does well for the whole season then progression into a season with a league 1 team etc and you will have a very good player in 2-3 seasons time.

Agreed, he is developing and will no doubt develop along the same lines as Andros Townsend has with multiple loans and the club sticking by him. A season with us then if he does well for the whole season then progression into a season with a league 1 team etc and you will have a very good player in 2-3 seasons time.

Wouldn't it be nice if that league 1 team were Southend United.

Needed a league goal to give him a confidence boost, absolutely delighted for him.

I can image he is feeling more confident knowing he will be with us till end of the season than worry about if he going back to Fulham or another clubs on loan or not.

We did get Britts goals and talent for the season and if we had gone up then we may well have got him again this season. Plus I assume that we only paid a small portion of his wages.

Spot on. Watford may have picked up a nice fee for Britt but we got a quality player on a seasons loan who could well have helped us back into L1 if things had been different.

When he develops the ability to walk on two legs I think he could be a useful player.

BZXn_EDCYAApAGG.jpg:large

Don't see him being anywhere near the Fulham first team for quite some years yet as he still has an awful lot to learn. To be completely honest, the Exeter game was one of the first times this season he's started as a central striker rather than on the left, so who's to say he won't go on a good run now?

Not been absolutely blown away with him in truth but really hope he flourishes instead of mirroring Scott Spencer's career, who failed to cut it following a big money move to Everton as a youngster and ended up plying his trade outside of the football league. But who knows.

Back