• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Celtic fans supporting Palestine

Regardless of the politics - and this isn't an indication on my opinion on the issue - but anybody stupid enough to start waving Palestinian flags about at an away game in Israel will deserve everything they get.

Regardless of the politics - and this isn't an indication on my opinion on the issue - but anybody stupid enough to start waving Palestinian flags about at an away game in Israel will deserve everything they get.

It's important to remember Israel is a democracy that allows freedom of speech and seeks peace with its neighbours. If any flags do get through and unfurled I suspect the only thing that will happen is that they are taken down by the police and/or the army. Ironically that might include Arabs as there are plenty of Israeli Arabs who serve in the Israeli police and army. If they end up being charged with anything they might also end up in a court presided over by an Arab Israeli judge.

If some Be'er Sheva fans should take it upon themselves to seek retribution you can be sure the perpetrators will be dealt with by the full force of Israeli law, which like most Western countries is based on UK law.

Personally I think it is a good thing that these people travel to Israel. Once they meet and speak to Israelis, and realise just how many Arabs live happily in Israel it won't take long for them to realise just how misguided they are.

[barna]Funnily enough someone I know has just emigrated to Israel and is currently studying medicine in Be'er Sheva. I might have to speak to her...[/barna]

Last edited:
It's important to remember Israel is a democracy that allows freedom of speech and seeks peace with its neighbours. If any flags do get through and unfurled I suspect the only thing that will happen is that they are taken down by the police and/or the army. Ironically that might include Arabs as there are plenty of Israeli Arabs who server in the Israeli police and army. If they end up being charged with anything they might also end up in a court presided over by an Arab Israeli judge.

If some Be'er Sheva fans should take it upon themselves to seek retribution you can be sure the perpetrators will be dealt with by the full force of Israeli law, which like most Western countries is based on UK law.

Personally I think it is a good thing that these people travel to Israel. Once they meet and speak to Israelis, and realise just how many Arabs live happily in Israel it won't take long for them to realise just how misguided they are.

[barna]Funnily enough someone I know has just emigrated to Israel and is currently studying medicine in Be'er Sheva. I might have to speak to her...[/barna]

My post wasn't meant to be an insinuation that it will kick off, merely that, if it does, those fans on the wrong end of a hiding would deserve no sympathy.

My post wasn't meant to be an insinuation that it will kick off, merely that, if it does, those fans on the wrong end of a hiding would deserve no sympathy.

Don't worry, I know what you meant...I was just pointing out that Israel is a (relatively) civilised society so it probably won't kick off, at least not in the way a Rangers/Celtic match would, even with that kind of provocation.

I was also pointing out the irony of what might happen...

From my experience of knowing a lot of Celtic fans, their pro-Palestine stances always leave me feeling a bit queasy. It's very much black and white for them; Israel = bad. Palestine = good.

On further investigation I find it's those jolly chaps the Green Brigade. The IRA loving, Brit hating lovable rouges from north of the border.

All becomes clear why the Patriot is a fan.

Always preferred Rangers myself, even more so after reading that - sure these so called Celtic fans wouldn't find it funny if a group of Apoel fans came dressed as piper playing Orangemen at the return leg.

Always preferred Rangers myself, even more so after reading that - sure these so called Celtic fans wouldn't find it funny if a group of Apoel fans came dressed as piper playing Orangemen at the return leg.

If you pay a visit to the JA606 site for Southend, you will find that Rangers fans have some sort of strange affection for Southend United. I think they had an awayday to Roots Hall once.

Rangers also have a very high proportion of ***** among their fanbase. The Chelsea of Scotland.

If you pay a visit to the JA606 site for Southend, you will find that Rangers fans have some sort of strange affection for Southend United. I think they had an awayday to Roots Hall once.

I wonder if that has changed post Mohsni...

Don't think there was any question of Celtic fans doing this at their away game, though they most certainly did at Parkhead,presumbably to express their solidarity with the Palestinian cause.

It's important to remember Israel is a democracy that allows freedom of speech and seeks peace with its neighbours. If any flags do get through and unfurled I suspect the only thing that will happen is that they are taken down by the police and/or the army. Ironically that might include Arabs as there are plenty of Israeli Arabs who serve in the Israeli police and army. If they end up being charged with anything they might also end up in a court presided over by an Arab Israeli judge.

As it happens, a good schoolfriend of mine,who was Jewish,emigrated to Israel and lived there for many years.He came back to the UK some years ago and is running a mini-cab business in Wembley these days.

Don't think there was any question of Celtic fans doing this at their away game, though they most certainly did at Parkhead,presumbably to express their solidarity with the Palestinian cause.

Or because they didn't have the bollocks to do it in a country that wouldn't stand for half hearted ********. Of course, you failed to explain their support for the IRA but then why would I be surprised at that.

Back