• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CHAIRMAN DRAWS UP SHORTLIST

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin is drawing up a shortlist of contenders for the vacant managerial role at Roots Hall.

More...

FFS People applying now should seriously not be considered, the job has been available for almost 2 weeks, and was highly likely to be avaialable for about 2 weeks before that.

Anyone serious about the job would not be waiting until now to get their CV and application in.

Sort it out Ron :Angry Mob:

Adam Barrett
Adam Barrett
Adam Barrett
Bart

What about Noddy -with Big Ears as his coach.
Rosie and Jim
Rhubarb along with Custard
Danger mouse and Penfold
And the list could go on and on and on.........................

So, while Rome burns, Nero watches and scribbles down some options to mill over to sort the matter out. What's the urgency?

A new stadium and now a new manager.....coming soon. Ronworld 2050

Does anybody have insight into who’s on this shortlist? (whittled down from a long list by Uncle Ron). Gary Waddock is certainly not the one for me. There is no magic formula for choosing and there is in my opinion far too great a focus on prior management experience & club affiliation. The most important aspect is who can best demonstrate an ability to get this group playing as a hard working, organised, cohesive and hard to beat team, with the vision and intent to stop the rot by changing the mentality and instilling belief so we can climb the league. So much of what we are missing is not football related, it’s basics that do not require talent, then you build from that solid base. I don’t feel we’ve geneuinely had that since probably 3 months prior to Phil Brown leaving. Sol Campbell, Kevin Nolan & Adam Barrett have to be three to be given the opportunity to interview at the very least, not a selection of usual merry go round journeyman managers, who are more experienced yet poor performing number ones

Who say Sol or Adam want the job?
I appreciate some names mentioned are probably out reach however I would not say Sol or Adam fall into that category. So who says they have not - I’ve not heard from either regarding it. Best approach must be to look at all the potential candidates and then whittle them down on suitability unless they rule themselves out I.e Parkinson

I think the suggestion by Bond re it will take several transfer windows to sort the squad out looks be coming true.

Perhaps he was suggesting that there may be one or more bad apples influencing others and / or creating poor relationships between players?

Back