• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why is it crappy? I think it's a really sensible decision.

Because you might not like where you are put.

As I said though, it does make sense and people do have online ticketing.

Im sure some arent going to be happy with it though.

Some people will moan at anything. Moaning about queues is justified, moaning that you can't spend 5 mins browsing seats in the ticket office at 2.50pm isn't.

To be honest if I was in a queue of hundred people ten minutes before kick off i wouldn't expect to have the option to be able to peruse through the different choices of rows and seat numbers.

To be honest if I was in a queue of hundred people ten minutes before kick off i wouldn't expect to have the option to be able to peruse through the different choices of rows and seat numbers.

Exactly this.

Buy a ticket, sit where you like (pretty much). 99.9% of matches are not a sell out.

Now the club FINALLY seem to have caught up with the 21st century + actually have a really good on line ticket service , they need to encourage punters back into using it.

To expect prospective customers to have to spend more than 10 minutes waiting on a phone line ( at premium rate too ) is just not on & has certainly led to the demise of the "floating " fan. Or equally to have to queue up in the cramped ticket office just drives you mad..... so spread the word to book online !!!

Now the club FINALLY seem to have caught up with the 21st century + actually have a really good on line ticket service , they need to encourage punters back into using it.

..... and the method of encouragement they have adopted is to provide a disgraceful shambles of a service with all the alternative options.

Unallocate everything? But the problem of season tickets make it difficult. Maybe use them to gain entry then just sit where ever, just like it was on the terraces.

Jnr

Because you might not like where you are put.

As I said though, it does make sense and people do have online ticketing.

Im sure some arent going to be happy with it though.

Easy answer, buy in advance

I do understand why the decision has been made, but it's not great for me. I have a 2 hour drive to each game and because of that I rarely book in advance, as I can't be 100% certain of being able to make the trip each week. I did seriously consider getting my first season ticket this year, but couldn't quite guarantee making it to enough games to make that worthwhile (midweek games, re-arranged games and when the weather is bad can be tricky).

But I generally set off early on a Saturday to get a parking space nearby and give me time for a pre-match Wimpy!, aim to get to be buying my ticket by around 1.30, when it is still quiet. There's never been a problem saying "somewhere near the front in East Greens" or whatever.

Certainly wouldn't expect people to be 5 minutes studying the map at 2.45pm, but there should be some common sense applied too if it's quiet......it's not clear from the site whether you are able to choose which stand you sit in, or if you are just chucked anywhere?

I do understand why the decision has been made, but it's not great for me. I have a 2 hour drive to each game and because of that I rarely book in advance, as I can't be 100% certain of being able to make the trip each week. I did seriously consider getting my first season ticket this year, but couldn't quite guarantee making it to enough games to make that worthwhile (midweek games, re-arranged games and when the weather is bad can be tricky).

But I generally set off early on a Saturday to get a parking space nearby and give me time for a pre-match Wimpy!, aim to get to be buying my ticket by around 1.30, when it is still quiet. There's never been a problem saying "somewhere near the front in East Greens" or whatever.

Certainly wouldn't expect people to be 5 minutes studying the map at 2.45pm, but there should be some common sense applied too if it's quiet......it's not clear from the site whether you are able to choose which stand you sit in, or if you are just chucked anywhere?
why not get them online?

I've just booked todays ticket online, so that's solved that! - think I misread, thought it said you couldn't book online on the day either.

I've just booked todays ticket online, so that's solved that! - think I misread, thought it said you couldn't book online on the day either.

Though the e-mail confirmation hasn't come through....so can't help wondering what will happen when I rock up to collect them!

I always order online and dont remember ever receiving an email.

Must be new for this season then.

Booked online for the Pompey game in September and received an email confirmation (without confirming the seats I'd booked)!

Good job I'd already made a note of them.

Just to add my experience, I book online and always receive an email, including the tickets I booked online for today's and Tuesday's game.

To complete the story, and I'm sorry of this spoils it for those waiting for the film to come out..

My confirmation e-mail has still not come through....however imagine my surprise when I went to the north/east ticket collection point about 2pm and my ticket was there waiting for me....all good. No complaints from me. I will do the same on Tuesday if I can get away from work early.

I stand corrected, just checked my email and I did get a confirmation and I have in the past too!

So basically I dont check my mailbox enough then :smile:

Make sure your email is correct on the system I guess Norwich, or that its not in junk/spam.

Back