• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charity Bike ride Sunday

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
I originally posted in the Charity Forum but it is now no more since the move.

I will be missing the Leeds game on Sunday myself and my son are cycling the 52 miles from London to Southend in aid of The Dogs Trust.
I have done some training, bought a new bike and cushioned cycling shorts.

Some wonderful zoners have already sponsored us but if anyone else has a couple of quid spare and feels in the mood, myself and Taylor would be over the moon if you could donate using the link

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/phil-endell

Thanks

Phil and Taylor

Well, that was an experience. Was such a scorching day I think I lost 5lb along the way.

Taylor could have shot off and kept up with the big boys, he is like a machine. In the main he stuck with me.

The uphill at Chigwell was a killer but I managed it. However, by about 28 miles my legs were done and it was a struggle making them work on the flat let alone uphill.

I admit I did walk up a few hills in the last 20 miles as my legs just wouldn't work. Taylor shot off at these times and I met him further along the course.

Including the cycle from Stratford station to the Velodrome starting point, our total moving time was 5 hrs 9 mins covering 55 miles. Considering I haven't cycled for 30 years, it was flaming hot and I really should have used a proper road bike, I think we did quite well.

My legs ache today, especially my quads and calves, my knee is sore and my shoulders ache but my butt is fine. No pain, no chafing so there was a positive

All in all it was a great day out, a great challenge for me that I am so pleased I completed it. The website is open for a week or so after the event, if you feel the urge to donate a couple of quid. Every penny massively appreciated

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/phil-endell

Back