• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Kelman completes move to Queens Park Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if spurs bid 400k it must be somewhere around this eh, RM must be getting close to saying yes please surely.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Spurs bid was heavily weighted with add ons and instalments. A decent bid with a decent nugget up front and I think Ron will sell. Unless he’s hoping Charlie stays, bangs some goals in and puts a zero on his fee.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Spurs bid was heavily weighted with add ons and instalments. A decent bid with a decent nugget up front and I think Ron will sell. Unless he’s hoping Charlie stays, bangs some goals in and puts a zero on his fee.
Think it's clear to see that Charlie wants out, and he can't compete in this league. Too much physicality and bullying. We need a tall, prolific lower league forward to give opposition teams a hard time.

Another player with a lot of potential, but morale and commitment doesn’t appear to be there this year, can understand to a certain degree, but new management in place and with everyone on a clean slate I would have expected everyone to be fully committed and ready to go. By all accounts I understand that he along with another recently departed striker attempted on several occasion during lockdown to exit their contracts. If that is the case and he wants out, then it would make sense for all parties. He gets a move to bigger club higher up the pyramid and one that should hopefully not have the financial constraints as much as we do at the moment. We get some money in now to help with the debt and lifting the embargo along with a potential sell on fee that will hopefully come off in a few years time ala Ollie Watkins would be nice.

if he is off then good luck to him and hopefully he does well to help the coffers down the line.

Based on his performances, 100k with add ons will be the best we can hope for.

He don't want to be here.

He's playing badly.

And he's not really had a break through season yet.

Massive gamble for any club plus we are basically a closing down sale, so we are always gonna be selling cheap

Based on his performances, 100k with add ons will be the best we can hope for.

He don't want to be here.

He's playing badly.

And he's not really had a break through season yet.

Massive gamble for any club plus we are basically a closing down sale, so we are always gonna be selling cheap

£100k with add ons is the best we can hope for, even though we turned down £400k from Spurs?

For me Kellman is very much a luxury player. By that I mean someone who needs to be coming on as a sub, being nurtured and mentored through games by senior pros. Not someone who is expected to lead the line and be our main goal threat in arguably our most important season in living memory.
The state we are in we can’t afford the luxury of a player like Charlie. We need a big experienced bruiser that is going to scare opposition defenders.
It’s an absolute crying shame that we are having to gladly see off players such as Kelman and Hutchinson but we really have no choice.

£100k with add ons is the best we can hope for, even though we turned down £400k from Spurs?

Where has that come from ?

All they have offered is a "Six figure deal"

£100k upfront plus add ons may well just equal the £400k ?

But no way QPR would pay £400k upfront with add ons

I don't think we can turn down any reasonable offers for any of our players (same goes for 80% of LG1 & 2).

Good luck to him, hope he does well.

So many people talk about these 18/19/20 year old footballers, who have been thrown into a situation, that the same people acknowledge as being the worst in the clubs history, had to play for 5 different managers in two seasons - two of which were unanimously agreed on as the worst managers of our time - in a team that 99% of people in the stadium and on here criticised for being the worst type of pro footballers, the worst role models, the poorest attitudes that we’ve ever witnessed.....all the while these kids needed the best guidance and to be surrounded by the best role models and senior pros possible in order to learn the ropes, and were badly let down!!

We criticise them as though they are 28 and at the peak of their careers!!!

Imagine being in your first job and being given no help, no guidance, no discipline, no training, no role model, no mentor.....and enjoyed little or no success but had social media all over your case everytime you made a mistake or a poor decision. Then imagine some **** from another job in another industry standing over your desk calling you all sorts and telling you you are useless at your job.....

It’s incredible really. They haven’t had the chance to learn, or to be guided by there seniors and have been thrust into the worst possible learning environment imaginable.

Good luck Charlie, you, like Isaac and like Dru, and like anyone else have lots to learn and lots of hard work to do, but loads of talent. Go and grab your opportunities listen to some good people and see how far you can go.

You know what.....if it ends up not being enough, so what? You won’t see me or anyone else with a brain cell sneering away at how they told you so or how you’re back in league 1 or 2 in 5 years time.

Go and live the dream. Enjoy your best life and have no regrets. Ultimately your destination, barring bad luck, will be where whatever talent you have is married to hard work and determination takes you. If you have no regrets you’ll be a happy old fella no matter what.

Where has that come from ?

All they have offered is a "Six figure deal"

£100k upfront plus add ons may well just equal the £400k ?

But no way QPR would pay £400k upfront with add ons

It was in the minutes from when Ron met the fans planning to protest. Said we’d turned down £400k from Spurs for Kelman.

We won’t turn that down and then accept £100k with add ons from QPR.

Makes total sense in our current predicament to sell if the offer is right IMO, same as Hutch. Good players who need time which we unfortunately can't afford at present. Shame as I really liked his tenacity last season. His goal against Bristol Rovers showed his finishing capabilities. He's struggled in the few games this season if we're honest.

Do we lose anything in the short term by letting him go? I'm not so sure

He has the potential to be a very good Championship/League 1 player. However league 2 is very different and is far more physical. I would imagine that many higher league strikers would struggle to adapt to league 2: especially those that are under 21.
I think we should sell asap and look to invest in a proven league 2 striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back