• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Mulgrew

shaneyshrimper

First XI
Does anyone know if Charlie played the Scots under 21's team.

Yes i know its Scotland, the land of kilt wear wearing jocks and Before you all shouts racist at me, i am a descendant of a scot so there!!

Anyway, how did he get on, he is a Shrimper after all.?

UTB

Scotland v Finland, it doesn't kick off until 1730 and don't know if the teamsheet is out yet.

He's in the squad, team's not been named yet.

Aberdeen, you've let the side down mate, game's at Pittodrie & you're not going!

I doubt he'll be in the team. He wasn't last time and if he plays it will be 3 games in 6 days.

There is a Hammell....MacDonald and a McCormack playing

I was going to go.....only 100 yards from my work....and only £2.00 a ticket

£2 is still a bit steep though.

Me thinks you must have come Celtic blood running through you...my nephew is there and he moaned about the £2

Although he took his Southend scarf and is going to try and grab Mulgrew if he can to get his autograph

I doubt he'll be in the team. He wasn't last time and if he plays it will be 3 games in 6 days.

Mulgrew has been a starter in every Scotland under 21 team for last year, he plays midfield and has scored two goals in last three games. Last night due to his travels with Southend Monday, he came on in the second half. Scotland won 2-1.

My nephew went along to the Scotland U21 game at Pittodrie....i did not because i was not prepared to pay the huge £2 to watch the game!!

Anyway, as Scotland Squad were warming up he shouted out to Mulgrew and he came over to him, My Nephew said "are you playing Saturday for Southend" and he said...."of course", he then said...."I am Aberdeen Shrimpers Nephew" and Mulgrw said and i quote, "I have heard of that nutter, enjoy the game son"

Great......they all think i am a nutter, not the desired effect, more passionate dedicated supporter is what i was looking for

My nephew went along to the Scotland U21 game at Pittodrie....i did not because i was not prepared to pay the huge £2 to watch the game!!

Anyway, as Scotland Squad were warming up he shouted out to Mulgrew and he came over to him, My Nephew said "are you playing Saturday for Southend" and he said...."of course", he then said...."I am Aberdeen Shrimpers Nephew" and Mulgrw said and i quote, "I have heard of that nutter, enjoy the game son"

Great......they all think i am a nutter, not the desired effect, more passionate dedicated supporter is what i was looking for

:D Thought you only cared about what Uncle Ron thought of you anyways? Or have you two had a lovers tiff and he's gone off telling the squad you're a nutter? :whistling: :support:

Ha ha, I wonder if they've heard of me too?

Watched the second half of the Scotland U21 game last night. The game passed Mulgrew by a bit when he came on.

Three things stood out for me, and they were the quality of Ross McCormack - I know he is totally out of our league. The big Cental Defender who plays for Dundee Utd (been on loan at Cowdenbeath), I think his surname was Kenneth, was very good. Tall, strong and commanding. We need someone like that! And finally, and perhaps more crucially, why was the male singer from Boney M playing number 8 for Finland?

Back